PDA

View Full Version : Changing nappies

SonnysMummy
15-04-2008, 07:31 PM
On my briefing session the lady said that nappies should be changed as privately as possible although you can't leave the other children on their own to leave the room and do it...so how do you ladies tackle this one?

Kelly:)

sarah707
15-04-2008, 07:50 PM
I turn the baby away from an audience and change him between my legs so the others have to crane to see... though most 3 year old girls will want to watch and help... not a lot you can do about that one I'm afraid! :rolleyes:

miffy
15-04-2008, 07:53 PM
I don't understand why you can't leave the room to do it - surely this would depend on the ages of the children present and where you went to change the nappy - if the children were within your hearing and were older then I don't see a problem

miffy xx

ma7ie
15-04-2008, 08:06 PM
Poppy my dd 2yrs is fascinated when I change "T's" nappy. She shouts at the top of her voice "T's got a willy" and then she asks to see the contents of the nappy which she is equally fascinated about.

Not much room for privacy in my house!

Twinkles
15-04-2008, 09:17 PM
I think this is a case of assuming adult emotions/embarrassment in babies. I'm sure a child who is still in nappies has no concept of needing privacy.
( Of course it would be different in an older child who has special needs )
I change my babies in the utility room on a change table but if the need arose I would change them in the same room as other mindees.

LittleAcorns
15-04-2008, 09:27 PM
I tend to change nappies in the living room with the mindees being in the dining room or play room, all within eye/ear shot, but both 2yr old and 3 yr old girls love to help pass wipes/nappy etc, so what can you do? i dont exclude them as already said a 16 month old child isnt going to be worried about privacy, children love to help :p :p :p XX

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 09:34 PM
I think this is a case of assuming adult emotions/embarrassment in babies. I'm sure a child who is still in nappies has no concept of needing privicy.
( Of course it would be different in an older child who has special needs )
I change my babies in the utility room on a change table but if the need arose I would change them in the same room as other mindees.

I agree, i think it's ofsted gone mad!!

xx

Donkey
15-04-2008, 09:39 PM
I have thought about this one a lot!!

I think what I will do is have a mini changing area at the back of my settee, we have them in an l shape. with my back to the room door so that way I am in the same room as mindees but should give a little more privacy.
changing mat, dettol spray, wipes and changing bags all handy ;)

its the whole 'going to the toilet' myself problem I have not sorted!