PDA

View Full Version : What is a wish list ??

louise2778
15-04-2008, 07:21 PM
Hi everybody,

Thanks for all your help already, only been on here for a few hours and have learnt so much.

Just need some more advice. I am a single parent and living on a tight budget. My daughter is 9 so we dont have many pre-school toys left in the house. I have been trying to buy some each week, mainly multi-culteral ones but I just cant afford to keep doing this. I have noticed a few people mentioning wish lists. What are these?

I am hoping to mind pre-school children full time but would like to wait and see before I buy loads of stuff. I dont even have a buggy anymore....should I be panicing?? :(

Louise x :eek:

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 07:25 PM
it's a list of what you are going to buy in the future, or what you will do to safe guard your house etc.

xxx

tulip0803
15-04-2008, 07:31 PM
As Minx said it's a list of what you want to buy when you can.

You do not need to have everything in place and your area may have a start-up grant to help you buy things.

You do not have to have everything new - just in make sure it is in good condition. Prioritise the things you need to get buggy/stairgates/socket covers etc and tick them off as you get them.

You can join Freecycle in your area and may be able to pick up some things for free. try bootfairs and charity shops. I do.

www.freecycle.org

louise2778
15-04-2008, 07:31 PM
so if i show ofsted my wish list on my pre-registration visit it wont matter that my home isnt full of toys and buggies!!

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 07:35 PM
no that's fine, i've got a few bits and pieces and they're from bootfairs and charity shops too. My development officer told me not to buy anything until i am registered but to make a wish list instead as you don't know what ages you will get :)

xxx

louise2778
15-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Thats good to hear, been getting some good stuff second hand off ebay but will start a wish list and just keep ticking bits off as and when I get them. Got a feeling its going to be a long list, I keep thinking of things I'm gonna need. Its like having another baby!!

:eek:

deeb66
15-04-2008, 07:39 PM
As Minnie Minx has already mentioned....the best place to get stuff when on a budget is boot sales and charity shops.

As long as the toys are in good working order and safe then that is perfectly ok.

The only thing that is not recommended to buy second hand is a car seat as you don't know it's history!

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 07:39 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: the others will tell you they buy stuff every week lol, i saw a little doll's bed yesterday in a charity shop for £2.50 but i was in such a foul mood about not getting my house that i didn't get it. Kicking myself now though :mad:

xx

deeb66
15-04-2008, 07:40 PM
Thats good to hear, been getting some good stuff second hand off ebay but will start a wish list and just keep ticking bits off as and when I get them. Got a feeling its going to be a long list, I keep thinking of things I'm gonna need. Its like having another baby!!

:eek:

I have been doing this job for 10 years now and still have a wish list as long as your arm :laughing:

tulip0803
15-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Your wish list shows that you are thinking about what you need which always impresses. Your pre-reg inspection tends to check what your plans are and how you will do them and to offer advice about what you need and answer any questions you have. Your first children may be older so you may not need the baby stuff nappy changing mat/ travel cot etc. Buy as you need or come across a bargain:)

Tatia
15-04-2008, 08:16 PM
My wish list never gets any shorter. Soon as I buy one thing, I see three more to add to it!:rolleyes:

Don't forget to check for toy lending libraries in your area. Have you got a Surestart children's centre nearby? They may have a lending scheme. Our's is fantastic.

buildingblocks
15-04-2008, 11:13 PM
To lose 10 stone overnight, find a rich millionaire - oops you meant a childminding wish list.

Mine is the whole of the Community Plaything catalogue and parents who respect me and don't take me for granted lol

When I started mine had outdoor toys on it and a toy play kitchen on it you will also find that it will change lots as you go along

miffy
16-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Find out if there is a scrapstore near you - for a small annual fee you can get lots of craft materials free some have toy libraries too

Miffy xx