PDA

View Full Version : 16th May - Fruity Friday

sarah707
15-04-2008, 07:14 PM
We had great fun with this last year! We did fruity stuff every Friday for weeks before and after the event... and the info pack was good too! Sign up here... :D

https://www.wcrf-uk.org/fruity_friday/fruity_pack_request.lasso

Monkey1
15-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks sarah might have to sign up but i will be on my holiday, enjoying a fruity Friday coctail or ten!

breezy
15-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks Sarah, looks great my lot love any activities to do with food! :)

miffy
15-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Thanks Sarah I've never heard of this before

Which pack did you order? school or individual?

miffy xx

crazybones
15-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Thank you. :D

sarah707
15-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I ordered individual... can't remember what i ordered last year. If it's no good I'll go back on and order school from my friend's address! :laughing:

ma7ie
15-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Thanks Sarah. Just ordered a pack. :D

Twinkles
15-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm very disappointed, the title of the thread promised to be much more exciting :(

miffy
15-04-2008, 09:05 PM
I ordered individual... can't remember what i ordered last year. If it's no good I'll go back on and order school from my friend's address! :laughing:

Thanks

miffy xx

ma7ie
15-04-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm very disappointed, the title of the thread promised to be much more exciting :(

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ruby
15-04-2008, 09:41 PM
thank you

Cathy

emler
16-04-2008, 06:10 AM
Thanks Sarah - I've just ordered my pack :thumbsup:

Emler x

sarah707
16-04-2008, 06:24 AM

Sorry! I'll try better next time! :laughing:

miffy
16-04-2008, 06:30 AM

miffy xx

Tatia
16-04-2008, 09:51 AM
I've just ordered my pack, too but haven't had time to have a good look at the site. I think I'm gonna organize an event at the drop-in group soon as I have seconds to give it a good read and see what I'm letting myself in for!

fionamal
16-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for that, Ive just ordered my pack along with T shirts and the yellow wigs.

kids are gonna have a ball (so am I):blush:

Wonder what the nursery will say when we all arrive there with the yellow wigs

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Thanks for that

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
16-04-2008, 12:16 PM
Thanks sarah, have just ordered a pack

Then realised the lo 2 is on holiday at that time:laughing:

avril
16-04-2008, 07:37 PM
Thankyou, I've ordered a pack.

Avril x:)

Tatia
21-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Still waiting for my pack but for the drop-in group, several of us are having the t-shirts and maybe the wigs. We're gonna order the balloons and face paint and do a fruity breakfast with yogurt dip. Probably raffle a fruit basket, too and have fruit colouring pages.

What's everyone esle doing? My ideas seem boring and I wondered if anyone had any other jazzy ideas?

nat1664
23-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks just ordered mine :)

Tatia
15-05-2008, 09:58 PM
I had a network support meeting tonight and afterwards, my friend and I popped into Asda to buy fruit for Fruity Friday at drop-in group tomorrow. I was gutted they didn't have any dragon fruit (knew I should have bought it at the week end!) but we got all sorts of wonderful things, like a pineapple, melon, kiwi, mango, papaya, pomegranete and persimmons. Our network coordinator is bringing along strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to donate, as well. We're gonna pass the whole fruit around and then cut it open or slice it so the kids can see what it looks like on the inside before tasting it. We're gonna give boring old apples, pears, bananas and grapes a miss and go for the more "exotic" stuff. We will use apples and pears to do some fruity printing with paint, though. Also bought some fromage frais to have along with the fruit. And we have the book "Oliver's Fruit Salad to read at circle time (end of session).

I'm looking forward to it.

ajs
15-05-2008, 10:06 PM
sounds great tatia
i am going to print some fruity pictures and give my 2 very little ones fruit for pudding but they are both too little to understand what fruity friday is all about

miffy
15-05-2008, 10:07 PM
I had a network support meeting tonight and afterwards, my friend and I popped into Asda to buy fruit for Fruity Friday at drop-in group tomorrow. I was gutted they didn't have any dragon fruit (knew I should have bought it at the week end!) but we got all sorts of wonderful things, like a pineapple, melon, kiwi, mango, papaya, pomegranete and persimmons. Our network coordinator is bringing along strawberries, raspberries and blueberries to donate, as well. We're gonna pass the whole fruit around and then cut it open or slice it so the kids can see what it looks like on the inside before tasting it. We're gonna give boring old apples, pears, bananas and grapes a miss and go for the more "exotic" stuff. We will use apples and pears to do some fruity printing with paint, though. Also bought some fromage frais to have along with the fruit. And we have the book "Oliver's Fruit Salad to read at circle time (end of session).

I'm looking forward to it.

That all sounds lovely Tatia - lucky children

miffy xx

manjay
15-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Think I may have trouble persuading mine to eat fruit tomorrow!! Not when there is birthday cake on offer:D

amanda xx

Tatia
16-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Oh it was really fantastic! We has such a lucious spread of fruit, some we left whole, some we chopped in half, some we cut yp for the kids. Everyone (adults included) were sampling things and askingm e what they were called so they could buy some (persimmons aka sharon fruit was a big hit, as was mango and papaya). We all agreed that passion fruit looks like frog spawn but tastes much better!:laughing: We gave out laminated five-a-day reward charts, posters and stickers. I was a bit worried about circle time as it's the first time we've done it but the kids loved it and very readily joined in when I asked them questions.

I forgot my camera so have to wait for A from the children's centre to e-mail the ones she took but it was really great. Sarahnev, thanks so much for the idea as it was a very successful morning.:thumbsup:

jayne
16-05-2008, 11:59 AM
We had great fun this morning at my local childminder group we talked about the different fruits cut them up and made a fruit salad and fruit kababs the children were trying them. we painted and coloured pictures of different fruits and then we planted pips from the apples and oranges the kids definatley got their five a day to day:clapping:

tomthumb
16-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you sarah I just ordered my pack as well. It is going to be fab as we are doing helathy eating as a topic enxt month.

Elodie XX

scottie
16-05-2008, 01:38 PM
thanks have ordered a pack :o

sarah707
16-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I only had one mindee so it was a bit flat... she didn't like anything and was tiiiiiirrrrrrrreeeeeeed!

But I've got 5 here for tea and we're making fruit kebabs with lots of different fresh and tinned fruit...

Can't wait! :D

ajs
16-05-2008, 01:56 PM
fruit kebabs sound great i'll get the chocolate fountain out too:eek: :eek: :eek:

miffy
16-05-2008, 04:00 PM
fruit kebabs sound great i'll get the chocolate fountain out too:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oooooo - you never showed me your chocolate fountain :(

miffy xx

crazybones
16-05-2008, 04:08 PM
Oooooo - you never showed me your chocolate fountain :(

miffy xx

How could you miss it miffy. It was at the end of the sweeping driveway before the steps up to the oak front door. Large stone thing shaped like a dolphin. She switches what comes out depending on her mood. Or should I say she asks Jeeves to switch it. :p

miffy
16-05-2008, 04:13 PM
How could you miss it miffy. It was at the end of the sweeping driveway before the steps up to the oak front door. Large stone thing shaped like a dolphin. She switches what comes out depending on her mood. Or should I say she asks Jeeves to switch it. :p

miffy xx

Donkey
18-05-2008, 05:19 PM
thanks sarah

ajs
18-05-2008, 06:11 PM
and all of my mindees are gold plated.