PDA

View Full Version : UUuuuuggghhhhh almost over and back to reality....

emmadines
30-12-2010, 10:19 PM
The holidays are almost over and its back to the house being a mess, toys getting broken and very, very loud noise!!! I have to admit - Im not looking forward to it.

Ive enjoyed having time with my family, a tidy and reasonably quiet house and I do have to admit, Im dreading going back to work (or work coming back)

I do love all the kids tho.

Emma x

georgie456
30-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Me too!!!! How did it go SO quickly?! :(

mufftie
30-12-2010, 11:04 PM
im loving the peace but the good thing about the mindees coming back is that my wn kids go back to school too and that will be a relief lol

miss mopple
30-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I hear ya!

On one hand I am fired up and determined to be organised etc etc, but on the other I have LOVED having my home back.

But the bank manager says I need to work so work I must and it's not a bad job to have, in fact its a pretty darned good one, so I shall be grateful for having a full, thriving business and just get on with it :)

Chimps Childminding
31-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I hear ya!

On one hand I am fired up and determined to be organised etc etc, but on the other I have LOVED having my home back.

But the bank manager says I need to work so work I must and it's not a bad job to have, in fact its a pretty darned good one, so I shall be grateful for having a full, thriving business and just get on with it :)

Guess you are right :thumbsup: But it has been so nice living in a house an not a nursery :(

sweets
31-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Guess you are right :thumbsup: But it has been so nice living in a house an not a nursery :(

i soo understand what you all mean, its been so nice having so much time off to do NOTHING!

as for having to give your houses back then DON'T! i live in a tiny terrace house with a through lounge diner, i dont have my own kids so dont want toys everywhere. i have got a big ikea unit that has the basic toys in it, in baskets all tidily stored. then i have a small shed in the garden with the rest of the toys in. my house doesnt look like a nursery or a playroom.

im not saying that if i didnt have a separate room i wouldnt have it as a proper playroom, i would but it would have to be able to have the door shut on it in evenings and weekends.

ofsted where quite happy with my arrangement, you do not have to have every toy going.

i would post a picture of my dining area but i don't know how! lol

Bear23
31-12-2010, 11:50 AM
i soo understand what you all mean, its been so nice having so much time off to do NOTHING!

as for having to give your houses back then DON'T! i live in a tiny terrace house with a through lounge diner, i dont have my own kids so dont want toys everywhere. i have got a big ikea unit that has the basic toys in it, in baskets all tidily stored. then i have a small shed in the garden with the rest of the toys in. my house doesnt look like a nursery or a playroom.

im not saying that if i didnt have a separate room i wouldnt have it as a proper playroom, i would but it would have to be able to have the door shut on it in evenings and weekends.

ofsted where quite happy with my arrangement, you do not have to have every toy going.

This sounds a bit like mine, i would love a seperate play room, but because I haven't all my toys are away in ikea units and under the stairs

I'm quite looking forward to starting back proper, but the parents are gonna have a shock with my new working hours :eek:

AliceK
01-01-2011, 05:16 PM
I have so needed this break and will of had 12 days off with just my own children and I have loved not having to get up at the crack of dawn and rush around in the mornings. I can't believe how quick it's gone though and I haven't done half the stuff I had planned to do (not done any planned paperwork :blush: ). I have spent the whole day today though sorting and cleaning the playroom with lots of help from DS. Moved around and cleaned the kids bedrooms and put all their new Xmas toys up there. Planning on doing my bedroom tomorrow I feel it needs a revamp.

xxxx

Chimps Childminding
01-01-2011, 08:19 PM

Its not so much the toys, most are in boxes in the argos wooden units - its the notice boards, posters etc. My walls are lovely and clear at present and the room looks so much bigger, and brighter!

Do need to have a de-clutter of the toys though as every box is crammed and getting really hard to get in and out of units :blush: :blush: One of the many jobs I had planned to do while I was off - but never got round to :rolleyes:

sweets
01-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Its not so much the toys, most are in boxes in the argos wooden units - its the notice boards, posters etc. My walls are lovely and clear at present and the room looks so much bigger, and brighter!

Do need to have a de-clutter of the toys though as every box is crammed and getting really hard to get in and out of units :blush: :blush: One of the many jobs I had planned to do while I was off - but never got round to :rolleyes:

i dont have any posters up! the only thing i display is my reg cert. lol. i sometimes out a craft display up int he hallway but wouldnt have it where i could see it in the eve. lol

Chimps Childminding
01-01-2011, 10:42 PM
i dont have any posters up! the only thing i display is my reg cert. lol. i sometimes out a craft display up int he hallway but wouldnt have it where i could see it in the eve. lol

Think I will just put my notice board on the hook on the hall door for now and see how long I can get away without having stuff on the wall :rolleyes: I know I could take it down every day, but I tend to leave it up and then I get fed up - lazy I know :blush:

Carol M
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the childrens behaviour after 2 weeks away!!
Carol xx

sweets
02-01-2011, 09:35 AM
Only thing I'm not looking forward to is the childrens behaviour after 2 weeks away!!
Carol xx

mmm thats a good point! i think i will be having an interesting first few days. :panic:

sandy64
02-01-2011, 10:33 AM
where does time go lol ive so enjoyed chilling out with my 2 dd doing not much, i was planning on sorting all my filing cabinet out papers etc and being organised for this yr but ive been so ill throughout most of hols ive done nothink, so now need to write up jan news letters, jan planning and take/change my board in hallway all before tuesday:panic:
i love my job but hate paper work lol:)

flowerpots
02-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Carol xx

mine came back on friday after 1 week away and were little terrors, all the excitement and not going outdoors much cos of the snow i think.:rolleyes: