PDA

View Full Version : What's your first display for 2011?

Mouse
30-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I've taken down the christmas display today and I'm now looking at a rather empty board & wondering what to fill it with :rolleyes:

What displays have you got planned?

sarah707
30-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I am leaving snowmen up for now or it will look a bit gloomy...

The children will be excited about their pressies and can make collages and pictures of what they have received to replace it :D

PixiePetal
30-12-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't have a big display, just the door with one of those A4 clear pocket things hanging on it and kids artwork blue tacked onto toy cupboard doors (big noticeboard on this years wishlist :rolleyes: )

I am leaving up the winter pics and snowmen for now, might do something about babies as mindee (almost 2) had a baby sister born yesterday. Birdwatching planned so prob some bird pics etc too :thumbsup:

Mouse
30-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Well, as luck would have it, DH came back from the chinese takeaway with one of their scroll calendars. That's gone straight on the board with a couple of jingly dragons that I've got and I'm printing out a Happy New Year banner.

So, an early start on chinese new year for us :thumbsup: I have a 2yr old mindee and the rest are all aged one, or less, so their input is limited. At least there'll be no rush to get things done :laughing:

breezy
30-12-2010, 08:28 PM
leaving snow pics up for now, not thinking any further ahead yet :blush:

loocyloo
30-12-2010, 09:10 PM
i have yet to take down the christmas pictures ... (will do it when we take the tree down on sun!)

and i haven't thought about what to display! ( trying to keep playroom ' neat ' and ' uncluttered ' as trying to sell, and as i put displays on my white cupboard doors, it makes the room feel small !!!

my 'theme' is numbers, so i might get the children decorating numbers and we can put those up in order!

mufftie
30-12-2010, 11:21 PM
im going to print off all my old photo's of the past year and get the kids to make a collage out of them and stick that up

Penny1959
31-12-2010, 03:19 AM
We are 'doing' garden birds in January - one mindee age 15m has shown an interest in the bird poster in kitchen and another age 3 likes to feed the birds. Will also fit in with little school bird watch at end of month.

With the younger mindees we will be learing the rhyme 2 little dicky birds and (new to me) one little, two little ... birds so small

So back to question - first display (going up today) will be starting with poster of 2 little dicky birds rhyme, printout of other rhyme and pictures of garden birds.

Plan is we will learn all about one bird a week and by the end of the month - should be able to identify several common garden birds.

As children do art work over the month it will be addedd to the display.

Penny :)

Chimps Childminding
31-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Penny what on earth were you doing up and on forum at 3.19 am :eek: :D Do you never sleep :panic:

Penny1959
31-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Penny what on earth were you doing up and on forum at 3.19 am :eek: :D Do you never sleep :panic:

No don't sleep much - in fact was up at 1:24am this morning and had dealt with emails before going on forum. Wish I could sleep - restless leg main issue - but at moment have bad cold so can't breathe when lying down.

manjay
31-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Surprise surprise our new display board shows an enormous map of Antarctica:rolleyes: . The children are loving what we are doing at the moment. Maybe because it is so real. Even the tiny ones will sit transfixed by a slide show of all hubbys photos. They are very interested in the penguins they have seen now so we will probably explore them for a while.

singingcactus
31-12-2010, 11:22 AM
We don't do a big display, I just put up whatever of the kids handiwork they want to. I leave bluetak available for the bigger kids and they put their own up wherever they want.
I embellish any notices I have up with seasonal picture toppers - polar bears and penguins this month.

jumpinjen
31-12-2010, 01:53 PM
the paper snowflakes are still up on the windows and doors, planning to use shaving foam and pva to make a snowy background, got some blown up photos of real snowflakes to put up and will then see where life takes us!

Kids not back til the tenth though x

jen x

karensmart4
31-12-2010, 02:23 PM
We are still going with Winter displays... so keeping photo's of the children playing in the snow and their snowmen artwork so will be adding to that. :D

loocyloo
31-12-2010, 03:05 PM
im going to print off all my old photo's of the past year and get the kids to make a collage out of them and stick that up

i really like that idea :D please can i borrow it? :D

xxx

mufftie
31-12-2010, 03:21 PM
yep of course you can

loocyloo
31-12-2010, 10:51 PM
:clapping: thank you!

happy new year! xxx

butterfly
01-01-2011, 02:10 PM
we're starting a big push on singing nursery rhymes with the children this year to improve speech and communication so we're starting with Old MacDonald - dislay showing animals etc! All my mindees are going to be between 22 and 24 months so won't be able to have anything fancy!

Chimps Childminding
01-01-2011, 05:14 PM
No don't sleep much - in fact was up at 1:24am this morning and had dealt with emails before going on forum. Wish I could sleep - restless leg main issue - but at moment have bad cold so can't breathe when lying down.

Sorry to hear you have problems sleeping :blush: , just thought you were really keen :D

DS3 (19) has had a really bad cold and been sick with it and I know he was struggling to sleep :(

Hope you feel better soon! :thumbsup: