PDA

View Full Version : Would it be allowed?

Louise0208
30-12-2010, 03:10 PM
iv just had a long awaited letter come through with a hospital appointment (for myself) its 20 mins after im due to pick my 3yr old mindee up from school & i wont make it in time. tried to rearrange it but my surgeon only does a 4 hour clinic each month so had no chance!

i know its ok to pick your own kids up from school early for appointments but is it the done thing for mindees? it will only be about 20 mins.

it would just save mum the hassle of finding alternative care or have unpaid time off her job.

rickysmiths
30-12-2010, 03:18 PM
The 3yr old is not in complusory school yet, prsume they are at pre-school? Speak to their parents and if they are happy they will have to let the pre-school youb are collecting early or maybe lo can miss a session on that day?

SYLVIA
30-12-2010, 03:58 PM
I'd explain to the parents and let them decide if they want you to pick up early or arrange alternative care. Then at least you have offered to help

breezy
30-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I'd explain to the parents and let them decide if they want you to pick up early or arrange alternative care. Then at least you have offered to help

Same here, give the parents the choice

manjay
31-12-2010, 12:32 AM
I would give the parents the choice too. you never know they may not want their child coming with you to a hospital appointment. I know mine would all be glad that they didn't have to take time off work but not all parents are the same:rolleyes:

Penny1959
31-12-2010, 02:54 AM
I would give the parents the choice too. you never know they may not want their child coming with you to a hospital appointment. I know mine would all be glad that they didn't have to take time off work but not all parents are the same:rolleyes:

Agree it is the parents decision - they may have a friend or relative who could help out just for this occassion.

Penny :)