PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted called ...

Gherkin
15-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Ofsted called to acertain when I work and asked if I will be working in school holidays - they then said that they will be passing the info over to an inspector so they can arrange a visit. Any ideas on when I might get the call? Have any of you had this pre-call prior to the main visit?

I have already arranged fro my pre-inspection visit from one of the local childcare advisors to take place sooner than originally planned just in case but any guidance for when I should panic would be great as it will be my first inspection since actually childminding!

katickles
15-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I've been registered since Jan & get the call today. My first inspections next Tues or Wed & if she hasn't come that week she's coming the week after. I've only been minding 6 weeks! :panic:

Good luck with your inspection!:)

sarah707
15-04-2008, 07:08 PM
They seem to be moving quite fast at the moment, but nobody can be certain how long it takes I'm afraid... maybe your local people can give you more of an idea?

You'll be fine anyway... no need to panic! :D

miffy
15-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Good luck with your inspection

miffy xx

2045amanda
17-04-2008, 09:22 AM
I had a call from Ofsted in February 07, the inspector then did not phone until December 07. My inspection was then arranged for 26th Feb 08, but was cancelled by inspector day before, actually had inspection March 5th.
So in my case was quite awhile between original phone call and inspection.

Good luck with yours.

Amanda :)

angeldelight
17-04-2008, 09:24 AM
Just wanted to say good luck I am sure it will be soon

Angel xx

LittleMissSparkles
17-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I had that same call at the begining of January and I am still waiting ........... xxx

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 07:17 PM
I had that same call at the begining of January and I am still waiting ........... xxx

Still oh bless you - you could always ring them and remind them (ducks rotten tomatoes)

Jinx
17-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I had the call checking if I was minding, what days etc, last October. They came 31st March!!!!:rolleyes: Inspector had no record of the call in October, or my call about my garden alterations in November!
If you look at their site though, they seem to be doing an incredible number of inspections at the moment. So maybe it will be quite soon.
Anyway, good luck. x :)
Jinx x

avril
17-04-2008, 07:37 PM
I had a call January 08 and the inspector came in February 08.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

Avril x:)