PDA

View Full Version : newsletters

patevans
30-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Would anyone mind sharing a recent newsletter? Im just doing mine now from January to March and need some positive bits to put in, its all moan moan moan at the minute :blush: :laughing:

karensmart4
30-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Sorry don't have much to say, I am going to attempt mine at some point very soon.

Will be starting with, We hope everyone had a good Christmas etc.

Put in what themes/topics we will be looking at through Jan etc.

I am reminding parents about putting slippers/welly boots/ suitable clothing in a bag for child to leave here.

Thanking parents for returning questionnaires...if not could they return them asap so we can look at them all and take any suggestions on board if appropriate.

Apart from that I'm not sure yet so will be watching this thread with interest :D

patevans
30-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Sorry don't have much to say, I am going to attempt mine at some point very soon.

Will be starting with, We hope everyone had a good Christmas etc.

Put in what themes/topics we will be looking at through Jan etc.

I am reminding parents about putting slippers/welly boots/ suitable clothing in a bag for child to leave here.

Thanking parents for returning questionnaires...if not could they return them asap so we can look at them all and take any suggestions on board if appropriate.

Apart from that I'm not sure yet so will be watching this thread with interest :D

Have got all that in, might look for a poem or something :huh:

karensmart4
30-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Oh, just thought, will prob put in a reminder about sickness policy.

patevans
30-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Oh, just thought, will prob put in a reminder about sickness policy.

Yep thats already in too :laughing:

patevans
30-12-2010, 12:18 PM
I've finished it now, can anyone spot any mistakes?

mamasheshe
30-12-2010, 12:45 PM
I'm not very good at spotting mistakes :blush: but reads fine to me :thumbsup: love your new storage where did you get it from?

patevans
30-12-2010, 12:49 PM
I'm not very good at spotting mistakes :blush: but reads fine to me :thumbsup: love your new storage where did you get it from?

Ikea, the picture isnt mine I used google images :laughing:

Hebs
30-12-2010, 01:45 PM
:thumbsup: love your new storage where did you get it from?

i have that storage :D

reads fine to me emma xx

DAYDREAMER
30-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Hi there, ive only done one so far so im no expert!! im currently working on my winter one! In my aut one, I did a few lines for each child, with a pic of them, which they and all the parents loved. I congratulated one little one for learning to walk, another for learning to say car, two of the older ones for their parts in the nativity and praised their efforts in learning their lines etc. I then included, school hols, a section on children in need and a few other current bits and bobs. I had my first inspection in Nov and the inspector really liked it, saying that it really made the children feel valued and a part of our little family! My next one will be pretty much the same but this time with a list of my holiday dates for 2011, a few moans, a copy of my ofsted report and my payment policy for them to all revisit and hopefully this time take note, hmmmm :)

karensmart4
30-12-2010, 03:37 PM
A lovely newsletter, very well laid out :thumbsup:

I only spotted one mistake...in New Toys/Equipment you have put 'in the toy room out'

Love the word search, i've never thought about putting anything like that in mine :thumbsup:

Mouse
30-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I always start off with the positive things, so I'd put about your new storage higher up the letter and make a bigger feature out of it (how much it will benefit the children etc).

Chimps Childminding
30-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Looks good to me, and much more interesting than mine :blush:

Trouble
30-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Fab xxxxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

patevans
31-12-2010, 02:41 PM
A lovely newsletter, very well laid out :thumbsup:

I only spotted one mistake...in New Toys/Equipment you have put 'in the toy room out'

Love the word search, i've never thought about putting anything like that in mine :thumbsup:

Have changed it thank you :thumbsup:

jacey
02-01-2011, 01:09 AM
re Mistakes : Is it that the starred names in the Birthday section are in full in the Activities section above?

Like the storage unit, hope to sort out all my resources during this year.

sandy64
02-01-2011, 10:40 AM
that looks fab just doing my jan/feb news letter but its not as good as yours lol:)

patevans
02-01-2011, 10:47 AM
re Mistakes : Is it that the starred names in the Birthday section are in full in the Activities section above?

Like the storage unit, hope to sort out all my resources during this year.

No I just didnt want names with dates on that bit :D

zillervalley
09-01-2011, 08:13 PM
hi

thats great where do you get all that clip art

ziller

zillervalley
09-01-2011, 09:45 PM
thanks

ziller

Playmate
09-01-2011, 10:09 PM
It looks really eye catching :D

ZoeAlli
09-01-2011, 10:26 PM
That looks great!
Did my first one in October, gave it to parents, one screwed it up and put it in their pocket :( , another didn't read it, however another said it looked good!

Blue Boy
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM
That looks great!
Did my first one in October, gave it to parents, one screwed it up and put it in their pocket :( , another didn't read it, however another said it looked good!

You do wonder what some parents are on:angry:

tracey36
13-01-2011, 11:51 AM
hi fluffy emma im trying to do a newsletter and yours looks great i dont know how to start though how did you get it on a pdf iv only got word and looks a bit rubbish on there not very good at all the fancy stuff people seem to be able to do on here lol

tracey36
13-01-2011, 12:18 PM
thats where im going wrong then i need to get publisher, lovely newsletter btw was really impressed

Penny1959
13-01-2011, 03:13 PM
thats where im going wrong then i need to get publisher, lovely newsletter btw was really impressed

Not sure you need publisher I write mine in word then click the box where says save as (once in the save as section - bit confusing) anyway in the drop down box there is a PDF file click on that and save

Penny :)