PDA

View Full Version : pick up from school but parent didnt want only termtime

nelly
30-12-2010, 08:06 AM
hi everyone hope your all well, just bit stuck again.i have a mindee that i take and pick up from school 3 days a week but when mom came to do contracts i asked her if she just needed a term time contact she said no she might need me in school holidays sometimes.so should i still be charging for the christmas period(school hols) as i only had one week off and was avaliable to work the other days of the school holiday.oh and the dad phoned and asked why im not taking the whole two weeks off as holiday he made me feel like i should have done .thanks xxx

mum26
30-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Yes, I think you should charge for the days you were available to work. You have offered a term time only contract which they declined. Maybe reiterate these details and offer term time only working again - if they don't want that then when you take your holidays is up to you - if they do decide on term time now you should still charge for the Christmas period when you were available.

Pipsqueak
30-12-2010, 09:02 AM
what does the contract say?
Did you put in place a retainer fee for holiday periods (school holiday periods)?

I have two TTonly contracts and I have a half retainer rate in place for holidays. Obviously no fee applies if I am on my holidays but that is how I work. Payment is due if i am working and open for business and that includes retainers.

Oh and as to Dad enquiring about your holidays - tell him oh so politely that you take holidays when you want as you are S/E not when he thinks you should.

SYLVIA
30-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Did you explain that if she wants a place just in case, she will have to pay a retainer, if not she can only use you IF you have a vacant space. And I would tell the dad that I will take holidays when I want to, not when he wants me to

nelly
30-12-2010, 10:11 AM
i either do term time contract or the full yr contract and the mom wanted full year contract.did expain to her that if she didnt use me then the fee would still be payable. i am avaliable for work so full fee should be charged is that right. thanks xx

Pipsqueak
30-12-2010, 10:24 AM
i either do term time contract or the full yr contract and the mom wanted full year contract.did expain to her that if she didnt use me then the fee would still be payable. i am avaliable for work so full fee should be charged is that right. thanks xx

If that is what it says on your contract that a retainer should be paid in the holidays when you are available to work then yes that is right.