PDA

View Full Version : Blow up car seats?

aly
29-12-2010, 06:50 PM
has anyone seen the ones in the who minds magazine and anyone got any reviews/words of wisdom etc??

My car is literally full of car seats and I even have spare ones in my partners car should i have different children etc.

So was thinking about these that say are aged 3-14 years but think If I do I would only use for the over 5's but wanted to ask on here first.
It states it complies with the necessary standards etc.

thoughts please :thumbsup:

mufftie
29-12-2010, 07:04 PM
never heard of them , sounds a bit odd though to be honnest not sure if id trust one , saying that if theyve past all the tests then im sure they are safe

Mouse
29-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Is it these?

http://easycarseat.com/

My first thought is that no, I wouldn't use one, but then I thought why not? A booster seat is only used to raise the child to a high enough position to use the adult seat belts, which is what this does. The standard ones are often just a piece of polystyrene, so nothing particularly high tec. I can't see that an inflatable one would be any worse.

The only thing I would dispute is that it says they fit in your handbag - no way would I be carrying a handbag that big ;)

Mouse
29-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Or there are this sort

http://www.bubblebum.co.uk/

mufftie
29-12-2010, 07:18 PM
that makes a bit more sense if its just a booster

clio0602
29-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Hey they look brill and would save sooo much space in my porch! I have 2 high back boosters for 4 and 7 yr old and a booster for my 9yr old. If I could replace these with blow up versions that would be great. I might even be able to fit 3 across the middle seats of my car :thumbsup:

Just wondering how easily they burst :rolleyes: lol

aly
29-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Is it these?

;)

yes they are the ones, i was going to post the link but decided not too in case of rules etc.
I'mreally not sure about them lol, im guessing they would be easy to deflate and inflate back up etc.

hmm im gonna stay on fence for now lol

SYLVIA
29-12-2010, 08:27 PM
You don't seem to get too much for your money IYSWIM. A big sturdy car seat seems worth the money. Even so I'm tempted to see if they fit better in the car when using 3 seats. I do think that some of my parents would take some convincing on their safety.

little chickee
29-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I think they look ok.
I would definatlet consider buying both kinds - easy to store when not in use and lightweight to take in and out of the car ( which i do about a hundred times a week! or so it seems).

Only thing which would concern me is puntures.

singingcactus
29-12-2010, 09:52 PM
I don't think I'd be convinced that they would remain safe while an accident was taking place. For example if the car impacted on another, with something inside the car piercing the seat, then the car rolled, the child would consequently not be in an effective car seat.

I'm sure they are fine and safe during an ordinary journey, but I would not put my child in one because I don't feel that they would provide any security during an accident.

rickysmiths
30-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I don't think I'd be convinced that they would remain safe while an accident was taking place. For example if the car impacted on another, with something inside the car piercing the seat, then the car rolled, the child would consequently not be in an effective car seat.

I'm sure they are fine and safe during an ordinary journey, but I would not put my child in one because I don't feel that they would provide any security during an accident.

This is what would concern me and they say most accidents happen within 2 miles of home.

rickysmiths
30-12-2010, 11:15 AM
Is it these?

My first thought is that no, I wouldn't use one, but then I thought why not? A booster seat is only used to raise the child to a high enough position to use the adult seat belts, which is what this does. The standard ones are often just a piece of polystyrene, so nothing particularly high tec. I can't see that an inflatable one would be any worse.

The only thing I would dispute is that it says they fit in your handbag - no way would I be carrying a handbag that big ;)

They are very expensive £56 and then they expect you to pay extra for a cotton seat cover that is a horrible grey that covers the colours of the seat :laughing: :laughing:

llkbabob
31-12-2010, 03:18 PM
i like the bubble bums not to expensive and i would probably use as a third seat in the car not sure i would use the high back one but you can't really tell what they are like without seeing one for yourself.

flowerpots
31-12-2010, 03:49 PM
the bubble bums look great, hubby would def approve, weve got car seats coming out of our ears lol :rolleyes:

georgie456
31-12-2010, 06:00 PM
For that price, I'd be inclined to buy a traditional booster! They don't really take up that much room and are WAY cheaper - I just couldn't justify spending all that on an inflatable seat to be honest.

SammyM
31-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Even the thought of blowing up 6 of these makes me light-headed, I'd be in a crumpled heap on the drive :) :)