PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else missing the kids?

BlondeMoment
28-12-2010, 05:59 PM
I was quite willing to work this week but no one needed me. And most of last week I didn't have many either. Really missing all my little friends LOL
What am I like? :blush:

Pipsqueak
28-12-2010, 06:06 PM
In a word to your thread title ------- NO

BlondeMoment
28-12-2010, 06:07 PM
In a word to your thread title ------- NO

LOL!!!! :laughing:

funemnx
28-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Definately NOT!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

solly
28-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Its going to feel strange working next week as i would of had 2 weeks off which is unheard of for me (I am working Thursday but he is 9 so no littlies:) )

I haven't missed them but have found myself today re looking at my paperwork to see what i can improve on before I have my inspection which could be anytime.

Am looking forward to new baby starting next thursday she is only 5 months old

breezy
28-12-2010, 06:16 PM
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

NO:laughing:

manjay
28-12-2010, 06:18 PM

ditto!!!:D

naomiesian
28-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Im probably mad but yes I am lol, I hate to admit it but I really enjoy getting messy with the children and having fun, the run up to xmas has been fab, glitter everywhere but all I seem to be doing now is sitting watching rubbish on tv, one of my parents has phoned to ask if I would mind working a short day on thursday just so she can sort her house out after xmas and I have jumped at the chance lol, I was being paid for that day anyway and as her child was my very first mindee when I started CM and he`s full time I have been lost without him....
Its so strange, I was so looking forward to having time off over xmas and now ive got it, im lost :blush:

brightstar
28-12-2010, 06:22 PM
I wish. They started back today, where did christmas go? :panic:

Carol M
28-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Double ditto :laughing:
Carol xx

Rubybubbles
28-12-2010, 06:25 PM
nope! loving spending time with my family! so far we have played grown up board games for days, played on the wii and ate loads of junk:laughing:

I love the holiday! And I have sat down with my own children running around without havign to monitor every move ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:p

manjay
28-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Im probably mad but yes I am lol, I hate to admit it but I really enjoy getting messy with the children and having fun, the run up to xmas has been fab, glitter everywhere but all I seem to be doing now is sitting watching rubbish on tv, one of my parents has phoned to ask if I would mind working a short day on thursday just so she can sort her house out after xmas and I have jumped at the chance lol, I was being paid for that day anyway and as her child was my very first mindee when I started CM and he`s full time I have been lost without him....
Its so strange, I was so looking forward to having time off over xmas and now ive got it, im lost :blush:

Ah but I don't have chance to watch rubbish tele as I am doing fun things with just my own children! Fab:thumbsup:

PixiePetal
28-12-2010, 06:26 PM
NO!

but have been thinking of one whose mum is having a section tomorrow to have his little sister - will be waiting for news :D

Pipsqueak
28-12-2010, 06:32 PM

you haven't been minding long enough!!! you will get to NOT miss them

Mouse
28-12-2010, 06:34 PM
No, don't miss them at all - I'm too busy catching up on much needed sleep and enjoying time with my own family :clapping:

christine e
28-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Not at the moment but maybe by the end of the week

Cx

ruby
28-12-2010, 06:51 PM
have to admit we are
can't wait till tomorrow when we have 1 little one coming

cathy

karen m
28-12-2010, 06:55 PM
i wish ,started back today and 1 was just awful everything was his

Ripeberry
28-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Don't get any time off from my own kids! You can have them if you like :D The amount of bickering and moaning they've been doing today has been unreal.
Managed to off load them on DH and went off to Clark's village in Street for some retail therapy! :)

nokidshere
28-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Absolutely NOT!

Chimps Childminding
28-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Can I say some of them :blush:

zoe2010
28-12-2010, 08:44 PM
maybe it's a newbie thing but YES im missing my lil ones i can't wait to get back to being busy tomorrow although it's only for a 5 mth old as all the others are still on holiday x

SYLVIA
28-12-2010, 08:46 PM
No not at all. and what makes me laugh is that the parents will bring their LO's back next week and say, bet you missed them didn't you? Why would I? when the parents can't wait to get the LO's back here so they can have a rest!

jubeedo
28-12-2010, 09:23 PM
one of the ones i have lives next door so i see him most days, he always says come with me and runs in to the playroom, he,s soooooooooo cheeky and cute you just cant say no to him :rolleyes:

jubeedo
28-12-2010, 09:26 PM
im also enjoying my lie ins:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

clio0602
28-12-2010, 09:26 PM
Nope I'm enjoying just listening my 2 arguing with each other for a change lol

Loving the lie ins and playing with ds on wii for hours :D

gazanne
28-12-2010, 09:57 PM
NO SORRY !!!!!!!!!!!

georgie456
28-12-2010, 10:09 PM
No - not in the slightest!!! Am loving some quality family time and lounging about in pj's way too much to miss them!!!!

Shivvie
28-12-2010, 10:24 PM
Have to agree with the majority - it's a NO from me too! I'm enjoying spending time with my own family and really don't want to start work again next week. Hoping for a huge lottery win this weekend! ;)

linda2girls
28-12-2010, 11:07 PM
No. I'm loving the time alone with my own children - and it was their 9th Birthday today, so we've had a great day.

Linda

ajs
29-12-2010, 09:20 AM
sorry it's a no from me too

although one of my families moves today and i am going round to help them and my dds are taking the two little ones to the play centre for a couple of hours so mum and i can load the van and unpack their rooms

The Juggler
29-12-2010, 10:06 AM
i am missing the kids themselves but not working:laughing: haven't got up before 9am yet!

jelly15
29-12-2010, 10:37 AM
No not at all. However, I am not dreading starting back next week like I would have done a few years ago in my previous jobs.

Donkey
29-12-2010, 08:01 PM
nooooooooooooo

lol is that bad, or it might be because they were back today lol

little chickee
29-12-2010, 08:59 PM
I'm glad i read through this thread cos my initial reaction was a big fat NO!

Then i immediatly thought does that make me a bad cm? Cos i really don't miss them even a wee bit. But then you all said the same so i feel instantly better.:thumbsup:

But then i have 3 kids of my own and i am sooooo enjoying spending time with them doing things that i can't do when im working like swimming, cinema, staying in our pj's watching movies, taking them out on their quads and motorbikes etc etc etc.

And they are enjoying the break too. and i'm not back to work til 10th Jan.:clapping: :jump for joy:

mufftie
29-12-2010, 10:21 PM
not at all , ive not pushed a pram for 2 weeks now and i never thought id say this but its been lovely :laughing:

BlondeMoment
30-12-2010, 11:04 AM
LOL Wel I am officially mad then!

I just love having them all around. They're so much fun and I enjoy being busy.
Not got any of our own and my hubby back at work now so just leaves lil old me.
Still, staying in your PJs till mid day is quite nice :blush:

maryp0ppins
30-12-2010, 12:14 PM
NO

My house is like a show home cuz when I clean it it stays that way for more than 10 minutes :blush: , I've had lovely days with my DD's (12 & 13) shopping trips, cooking, cinema, visiting family etc etc I haven't heard one single cry since 22nd Dec, I nip shops without a second thought of feeds-nap times-different time drop offs, oh & today i woke at 9.30 & I am still in my PJ's :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

BlondeMoment
30-12-2010, 12:26 PM
NO

My house is like a show home cuz when I clean it it stays that way for more than 10 minutes :blush: , I've had lovely days with my DD's (12 & 13) shopping trips, cooking, cinema, visiting family etc etc I haven't heard one single cry since 22nd Dec, I nip shops without a second thought of feeds-nap times-different time drop offs, oh & today i woke at 9.30 & I am still in my PJ's :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Good for you! I must admit I'm feeling like a shopping trip myself now lol

crazyXstitcher
30-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Well I must be mad too then Blonde :D

Although I only have 1 mindee and he's not back until 11th Jan, we've all (me and my boys) missed him.