PDA

View Full Version : I just knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katickles
15-04-2008, 03:49 PM
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh!!!!

Help, hep, help!!!

I have had this sick feeling that with everybody getting their inspections i would got "the call"!!! & guess what.................yeah, i've just had it!

I am having my first inspection, next week (tues or Wed) or the week after (same days). Oh i don't want them to come:panic:

I am after some advice as i don't want to write my concerns on here (just in case!) So anyway - was hoping one of you experienced minders could possibly pm me? :panic:

Mollymop
15-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Just want to say best of luck honey, i am sure you'll be ok X

Blaze
15-04-2008, 03:57 PM
I've PM'd you!
Blaze:)

sarah32
15-04-2008, 03:59 PM
How can they say it be over a couple of days, are you spose to stay in and wait for them. I dont think i'd like that.

Also dreading the call, had a call to update information but didnt say anything but coming out.

I hate waiting:(

Hopscotch
15-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Good luck, the best advice i would give is look up some of the inspectors reports online and you can see the types of things that they pick up on, my inspector pulled everyone they inspected on the notifiable diseases, but guess what i knew all about them lol as i read her reports.
Bev X :thumbsup:

christine e
15-04-2008, 04:26 PM
I had my inspection recently and felt quite nervous. What I did was make a list of the things I wanted to cover on the day and what I wanted to remember to say to the children quite simple things but things I was worried I might forget eg when washing the childrens hands to remember to talk about germs and being ill etc, remember to praise and use individuals names,bringing road safety into conversation when playing with the cars and road mat they were all simple things that I do all the time but when someone is there watching and listening I do feel very self conscious. I had my list discreetly tucked away and kept having a little look to remind myself what I wanted to cover.
Hope this helps and good luck - I'm sure you will be fine
Christine

ma7ie
15-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Good luck. Mine's this week sometime so I know how you are feeling.:D

ruby
15-04-2008, 04:33 PM
good luck

i am sure you will be fine

cathy

emler
15-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Good luck from me too

Emler x

mumtodaniel
15-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Good luck, and hope all goes well.

Maureen

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 06:24 PM
good luck from me too but i'm sure you'll be fine and blaze will give you brill advice :)

xxx

Spangles
15-04-2008, 06:29 PM
Can you just read specific inspectors reports then or do you just have to search through?

I'm also dreading getting the call - must be soon me thinks! Tell you what, when I do you will know what panicking is really like! Ha ha!

Good luck to you for yours Kate!

charleyfarley
15-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Good luck Kate

I'm sure you will be fine

Carol xx

katickles
15-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Can you just read specific inspectors reports then or do you just have to search through?

I'm also dreading getting the call - must be soon me thinks! Tell you what, when I do you will know what panicking is really like! Ha ha!

Good luck to you for yours Kate!

I hoped you could find reports by individual inspectors but not looking good. Been checking & so far only found 1 by the inspector. The childminder she's inspected has such a glowing report as well so not really any tips:panic:

Thanks for all your support by the way!:)

miffy
15-04-2008, 07:09 PM
you can't find reports by individual inspectors you just have to trawl through your area and hope - it can be very time consuming searching for them

You say the report you found was glowing so that should tell you what this inspector liked about the childminders setting and what she did - there should be clues in the report.

Good luck anyway

miffy xx

Pauline
16-04-2008, 11:38 AM
You can find individual inspector's reports - just type the inspectors name and 'ofsted report' into Google and you should get some reports come up. :)

Lottie
16-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Along with my certificate they have sent me a booklet called 'are you ready for your inspection?' Do you still have this?

There's lot's of info in there about what they are looking for and a self-evaluation form. You can get this info from their website as well.

I really hope it goes well for you. Try not to get too stressed out and remember to breathe!

Blaze
16-04-2008, 11:50 AM
good luck from me too but i'm sure you'll be fine and blaze will give you brill advice :)

xxx

:blush:
Blaze:)

buildingblocks
17-04-2008, 05:52 PM
also check out neighbouring counties as I know ours do NE Lincs as well

donnahay0
17-04-2008, 05:55 PM
I am sure you will be fine - good luck.

jmoff
17-04-2008, 08:11 PM
good luck...try not to worry too much...xxx

nannan
17-04-2008, 08:55 PM
:) hope all goes well with the inspection, i'm sure it will all go well, good luck anyway

chelle
17-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Good luck hope it all goes well :) you will have to let us know how you get on :thumbsup:

bubbly
18-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Kate, I'm having my first inspection next week too so good luck to both of us. I'm sure we'll be fine but it wont stop us stressing LOL. I'll be thinking of you :)

katickles
18-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Kate, I'm having my first inspection next week too so good luck to both of us. I'm sure we'll be fine but it wont stop us stressing LOL. I'll be thinking of you :)

Tell me about it - i'm sat here, again, printing yet more posters & signs, the laminators going to blow up i think!:laughing:

Really hope that yours goes well, like you say i'll be sat there & thinking that at least its not just me!:rolleyes:

Good luck!:)

button68
18-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Boo hoo!!!:crying: Now your all making me nervous :panic: I was registered 21 January so I guess I could get 'the call' at anytime too!!!:eek: