PDA

View Full Version : Parents Christmas Presents

buildingblocks
25-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Not sure if this is the right place so apologies if not and please put in the right place if it isn't.

I have just had a lovely Christmas day with for the first time in seven years with my parents presents. Firstly I would like to say that I do not expect my parents to buy me anything (although a card would be nice) as I provide them with a service they pay me for. Although it is always lovely to receive a present and I am grateful they have thought about me. This is my bug bear as I usually get chocolates or alcohol which I feel they don't put thought into and would rather they didn't buy anything for me. This is because they all know I am constantly on a diet and I don't drink.

Anyway this year three out of four parents have bought me presents and put thought into it and this has made me feel special (I hope that doesn't sound too sentimental). One has bought me the most beautiful scarf to keep me warm when I take her daughter to nursery after Christmas. Another bought me a pad of note-lets as she knows I like to put notes in for the parents. Another one bought me a present of body shop smellies as she remembered a conversation where I said I liked them. She also bought Gary a present.

I bought for all mindees and the remaining two haven't even texted to say thank you fo the card and present for their child.

Hebs
25-12-2010, 06:53 PM
i got chocs, perfume and smellies :thumbsup:
one mum even text me at 7.30am to wish us a merry christmas :D and that showed me they care moe than any gift :thumbsup:

marnieb
25-12-2010, 08:23 PM
This is my first xmas as a cm - i have worked as a nanny for over 10 years.

I don't mean to sound spiteful but this has been my worst xmas presents ever from parents.

1 parent - have A 3 days. nothing. not even a card.

next parent - have siblings 2 days a week, but only for last 6 weeks,box of chocs.

last parent - have e 3 days a week, present for me and my 2 kids, but no real thought gone into them they could be from anyone.

I spent weeks buying my mindees presents I knew they would like, and made handmade salt dough footprints and stars for all my parents.

honestly dont know why i've bothered right now.

so i think you're really lucky with what you've got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ripeberry
25-12-2010, 08:41 PM
One familly turned up on my doorstep at 9.30am to give my daughters a present each and me a nice calendar. That was lovely. :)

Chimps Childminding
25-12-2010, 10:48 PM
I had lovely pressies off all my parents :clapping: Smellies, chocolates, biscuits, lovely candle in a red holder which will go perfectly in my lounge, lovely necklace and bracelet, oh and an envelope addressed to June and I from one of my parents, which I haven't opened jet as I thought I would wait till I see June, perhaps tomorrow - I am intrigued :rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
25-12-2010, 11:01 PM
I got a bottle of wine for me and Bri and the kids got a selection box from one parent (Iz mom)
A massive bunch of beautiful flowers from another
Slippers and a pamper set for another
and nothing at all not even a card or a text (had to text her yesterday to remind her to bring my money over) from the last parent

Even got a lovely card from some mindees I have done occasionally minding for and some lovely chocs from ex-mindees.

Ali56
25-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Hope you've all had a really lovely christmas, I had a lovely present from one of my families-a £20 white stuff voucher and a bottle of wine! A really lovely surprise!
I also got the hairy bikers christmas cookbook from another family-Fab!
I childmind for lots of families, part time and some of them buy pressies for my children too, others not at all. I don't mind, one of the little lads I look after said he was going to give me the best present ever-He was going to be good! :laughing: :laughing: I loved that one-we'll see in the new year-I will be reminding him!!!:D :D

Chimps Childminding
26-12-2010, 03:09 PM
I had lovely pressies off all my parents :clapping: Smellies, chocolates, biscuits, lovely candle in a red holder which will go perfectly in my lounge, lovely necklace and bracelet, oh and an envelope addressed to June and I from one of my parents, which I haven't opened jet as I thought I would wait till I see June, perhaps tomorrow - I am intrigued :rolleyes:

Opened the envelope this morning and it contained a Cineworld Gift Card and a message for us to have an evening at the Cinema on them :clapping:

glitzygal
26-12-2010, 04:36 PM
OUT of 4 parents i got 1 text on christmas saying happy xmas, and thank you for the gifts and home made things,,,

all got me presents, smellies,,, hope its not because i smell,,lol

very nice tho,,,

but only 1 text,,,, feel abit unloved,,,lol

Cammie Doodle
26-12-2010, 05:55 PM
[/COLOR]

Opened the envelope this morning and it contained a Cineworld Gift Card and a message for us to have an evening at the Cinema on them :clapping:

Bless we are very lucky as well as the above cinema voucher I had Candles from Next, notelets from Pasttimes, Sweets (3 various sorts) 2 tins of biscuits and a Boxer Puppy on a lead. From Hubby an E reader and a lovely Puppy from Carolyn (can you tell I NEED a dog lol )

funemnx
26-12-2010, 06:42 PM
All of my parents are lovely at the moment and we've had a card from all of them and gifts from some, of chocs and wine or smellies - one made me come over all emotional - a hand made card and inside mummy wrote 'we know L loves coming to you, she often says my love Becky on the way to yours in the car'

The best present ever! :D

WibbleWobble
26-12-2010, 09:05 PM
i got £20 boots voucher
a bottle of jack daniels:D
a desk tidy
smelly candle
some M&S honeycomb
2 boxes of biscuits
a bunch of flowers

but the best were all the lovely texts from my mindees parents on xmas morning telling me merry xmas. Also had two phone calls from my littlies saying they wanted to come and play!

mandy xxxxx

RainbowMum
26-12-2010, 10:05 PM
I have had the usual tins of sweets etc, but I also have an Enormous box of Soap and Glory products, an excellent bottle of Wine that cant be bought in a supermarket, a set of coco (Jamie at home) mugs that go with the tea cups I already have but the best of all was the note on a gift card that said we (hubby & I) are very special people and if there were more like us in the world it would be a better place :blush: I came over quite emotional lol!

AnnieM
27-12-2010, 09:14 PM
I was a very lucky lady this year and it was much appreciated.
I got a £50 Pandora voucher! :eek: :) I cried when I opened it! (I got a teddy bear and a little boy charm :) )
2 beautiful Victoria and Albert mugs
A bottle of Special Reserve Port (sadly I don't like port, but we are having a party at new year and I'm sure others will. :) )
A lovely puppy microwave warmer
A bottle of wine and chocolates
A body shop set.
I also got a phone call from the family that gave me the pandora voucher on Christmas morning, wishing me a Merry Christmas and thanking me for the year of care I have given their son. :thumbsup: They are a truly lovely family. :)
I did send texts to all the parents thanking them for the gifts, got a reply from 1. :o

bellacat
30-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I have been very lucky this Christmas. I received some body shop smellies from my school pickup, a lovely candle and box of biscuits from my part time mindee and £40.00 from my full time mindee, (I did tell mum off for this one). I know they pay me to look after their children but it does feel nice to know that you are appreciated. My full time mindee is nearly 4 now and i have had him since he was 3 months old. Occasionally when mum collects him she will bring me some flowers or a bottle of wine. I tell her she doesn't need to do this but she says that she is so thankful for what i do, that she wants to. :)