PDA

View Full Version : Late collection on Xmas eve, what do you think!

cas2805
24-12-2010, 01:56 PM
I asked all of my parents when they wanted to finish for Xmas. Two finished last week, one on Monday and one asked me to have him usual hours today (Xmas Eve!) 730 to 330. I agreed, happy to help.

Got a text earlier in the week saying later start of 930, though great, lay in!!

Got a text this morning, can I keep him until 430 today, an extra hour!!! What do you think....NO! I have a life too. Off to my Mums then unpack the car in time for Crib service at the church as we have done every year since I was a kid, even more special as DS is 19months so he can get involved.

What do they think we do after hours? Very annoyed!!!:angry:

fionamal
24-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I would have said a big fat NO!

I refuse to work xmas eve as thats my special time with my kids

cas2805
24-12-2010, 02:01 PM
Wasn't too bad earlier, mindee same age as DS so I got paid to take them to see Santa! Both asleep now, though I don't have long!!! I bet they will be late to collect!

georgie456
24-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I worked Christmas Eve last year as a huge favour to one mum as she had to work in the morning. She should have collected at 12.00 and finally turned up at 1.15 after ignoring my calls. When she arrived she said she thought she would take advantage of not having her child with her and quickly pop to Asda (and of course got caught in all the last minute panic buying)

I was SO cross!!

The solution? I refused to work it this year! She was most disgruntled and complained at having to find someone to have LO, but I won't be taken advantage of like that again. My own children are still young (my eldest is 5) so Christmas Eve is a very important day for me!!!

Dragonfly
24-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I used to work Christmas eve when my children were young, I dont anymore as i got taken advantage of so many times, now i just say no to Christmas eve even though my kids are grown up/alot older.

wendywu
24-12-2010, 03:31 PM
I hope you DID say no.

If anyone has to get on with the last few extra jobs that we all need to do with a small child in tow, then it should be that small childs parent.

Why should you have to put up with a situation that they themselves dont want to. :angry: