PDA

View Full Version : childminding photos

Polly2
24-12-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi all

What do you all do with old cm photos?

I have so many stored on my pc and I need to have a sort out...do you save them on a disc or just delete?

All parents have copies and I have put them in learning journeys etc - I don't think i really need to save copies but am a sentimental old fool :blush: Can you think of anything else I might need them for?

Joda
24-12-2010, 01:24 PM
I print mine off and give some to parents, some in children's LJ's and then put others in photo albums that are kept on the bookcase in the playroom - the children all love looking at them and it's some thing to show the Ofsted inspecter as well as prospective parents.

Polly2
24-12-2010, 01:40 PM
So once you have printed them off do you then delete off your pc?

cas2805
24-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I send home a data stick every couple of months with their photos on. Parents know it's their responsibility to store them. Once I receive the sticks back, I delete most of them and just keep the best ones, or the ones with Ds in. Take up too much space on my computer! Though still great looking through early CM photos :)

sarah707
24-12-2010, 03:10 PM
So once you have printed them off do you then delete off your pc?

Yes I have a deleting session every few months :D

glitzygal
24-12-2010, 04:42 PM
I use mine for eyfs,, then use some for gifts, mothers day ect,,

i have got loads in a scrap book, every so often i get the kids to stick them in their own scrap book and then when they leave me they take them home for the parents, they love it to both parents and kids,,, some take home 2 or 3 because theres lots,

one parents had forgotten how much we had done,,,lol:thumbsup:

mufftie
24-12-2010, 05:59 PM
this thread has just reminded me that i have at least 2000 photo's stored on this pc i need to get round to deleting them but i shall print them off and let the kids stick them into scap books for the parents copies of the best ones get put into the kids diaries so they dont need to be kept on disc

buildingblocks
25-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I store them on DVD as I am a sentimentalist and will look back on them in my old age as I do with all the photos from my 20 years of nannying (thank god for digital cameras these days). Mind you I have no children so think that is why I intend to keep them as they are memories of all 'my children' from over the years.

margaret
26-12-2010, 09:14 AM
I make up a photobook using photobox or mypix (use there half price offers )every few months after giving parents pictures on their memory sticks and then delete .Kids also make up their own books.

This year with 2year old we took pictures of his special teddy sat on christmas tree,in nativity,with father christmas etc added all his pictures playing in snow and made it into laminated book,nothing special,but just had lovely text message from mum saying she has been showing it to everyone - so will be doing this again.

Copied all my texts from parents on to computer,printed of and put in learning journal - proof for ofsted that i liase with parents - parents liked this as sometimes texts about kids behaviour ,toileting accidents are quite amusing

SYLVIA
26-12-2010, 10:21 AM
I use photos for LJ's, a yearly album of activities and outings to show ofsted and prospective parents and for children to look through. I then print off some and do an end of year album for parents at xmas. But there are some lovely thoughtful ideas on this thread and I'll start some new ideas with the newbies I'm hoping to get next year.

singlewiththree
26-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I give them on CD to the parents each term and then DELETE

Polly2
27-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Some great ideas here ladies :thumbsup: