PDA

View Full Version : Baby sick, mum off work... xmas eve... and he's here!!

buzzy bee
24-12-2010, 11:20 AM
I was quite looking forward to today, having my little one and mindee who's the same age. Thought we can put the xmas tunes on and have a lovely morning inside the warmth playing...

Mindee's dad brought mindee and told me 'he's a bit snuffly' and mum is apparently off work today!!

Now, maybe it's just me, but if I had the day off on xmas eve I would want my baby to stay home with me ESPECIALLY if he was poorly - turns out he's not just 'a bit snuffly' - he's not a happy bunny at all. I text mum to let her know and check when he last had calpol, thinking that might trigger her to say 'oh poor thing, I'll collect him' (If I know my son was poorly I'd want to comfort him myself!!) She just said oh yeah we've had that all week just give him calpol and let him sleep. Er... I would let him sleep if he could - he's too upset to do that!!

Some people make me so sad. I just can't believe she'd rather he was with me that home with her!!
:(

(plus if he makes us all ill for xmas I will be even sadder!!)

Allie
24-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I would send him/her home, I only have 'sick' children who are able to follow normal routine. Teething but not desperate for mum, colds without spiking temperatures or children recovering from something but no longer infectious

Works for me

Allie

flowerpots
24-12-2010, 01:16 PM
i would send him home too, ive woke up with what feels like the flu due to looking after poorly mindee who was apparently 'fine'! im really annoyed, my temp is 39 im shivering and being sick, get him home quick before you catch it. :mad: