PDA

View Full Version : Starting up again!

missymood
23-12-2010, 01:17 PM
H
Please can you help me out!
I've had a break from childminding for about 1 1/2yrs as my youngest was so jealous! Now all my children are at school and so much better I would like to go back to childminding as I loved it.

DO i need to do the course again as I have no forms for contracts etc so not sure what to do
Any help really appreciated
Thanks

mufftie
23-12-2010, 03:18 PM
i would ring ofsted and start from there

Mrs Pootle
23-12-2010, 03:26 PM
i would ring ofsted and start from there

I agree, Ofsted will put you right. You could always try your local Early Years team aswell :)

Marshmallow
23-12-2010, 03:33 PM
:clapping: :clapping: Welcome back :clapping: :clapping:
:so happy: :group hug: :so happy:

missymood
26-12-2010, 01:08 AM
Merry christmas!
Hi have called ofsted and sending forms in new year!
Need to get a buggy now?
Many thanks

the happy house
26-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm in the process of starting up again after a 2 year break.
I printed all my application forms etc online and went from there. You will need to have health check, CRB check etc done again (fuss and bother! lol).
As for the course, it seems to depend on local children's services requirements. I have not had to re-do the course, but I know others with different councils have had to jump through that hoop again.

Best of luck... hope all goes well for you.

Oh, word of warning... I had my pre-reg 7 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my certificate. You may have to do a few kicks up backsides to get it moving quickly!

mayberry
26-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree, Ofsted will put you right. You could always try your local Early Years team aswell :)

:clapping: Welcome back :clapping:

Hope you had a great christmas,

Happy New year
:laughing:

Dawnxx

missymood
14-01-2011, 10:46 AM
I'm in the process of starting up again after a 2 year break.
I printed all my application forms etc online and went from there. You will need to have health check, CRB check etc done again (fuss and bother! lol).
As for the course, it seems to depend on local children's services requirements. I have not had to re-do the course, but I know others with different councils have had to jump through that hoop again.

Best of luck... hope all goes well for you.

Oh, word of warning... I had my pre-reg 7 weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for my certificate. You may have to do a few kicks up backsides to get it moving quickly!

I have my pre reg on 18th Jan. Seems a bit pointless though as done it before!! I'm hoping that I don't have to do all the DCP as it's called now again but will let you know

Thanks for the support
x