PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question!!

smithya85
15-04-2008, 03:20 PM
This might seem like a really stupid question but I had a childcare development worker from the Scottish childminding association in today to offer me some advice on the registration process and she was discussing policies etc and one thing she mentioned was supervising the children at all times and never leaving them alone. She also mentioned that even though my husband would be disclosure checked it was important not to leave the children alone in the room with him unless he's registered as a childcare assistant which im not planning on doing.

Thats all fine but what happens when you need the loo?! If im on my own can I leave them unattended to go?! If my hubby is at home does he have to come with me so he's not on his own with the children?! Or should I get a catheter fitted now and save any problems?!

Amy :panic:

louise2778
15-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Not silly.....I am glad you asked cos my mum asked me the same question the other day and I dont have a clue.

I guess I will be ok as I can hold it for hours!!! :panic:

Louise x x

smithya85
15-04-2008, 03:29 PM
:laughing: Glad theres someone else as daft as me then! He he!

Im sure there are going to be other times when you have to leave the room too like to organise their lunch or something?!

louise2778
15-04-2008, 03:36 PM
And what about if one needs the toilet....they would have to go in alone if old enough or if they need help you cant bring th other kids in! That just doesnt make sense!!

:eek:

crazybones
15-04-2008, 03:38 PM
You just need to make sure they are safe appropriate to age eg baby in high chair or travel cot etc. There was a long thread about this a while ago and most of the little ones follow you to find out what is going on anyway. :laughing:

smithya85
15-04-2008, 03:39 PM
:laughing:

You just made me laugh out loud!!

I was just imagining a group trip to the toilet!!

louise2778
15-04-2008, 03:40 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

aly
15-04-2008, 03:43 PM
I often think of this but too embarrassed to ask :blush:

Mollymop
15-04-2008, 03:46 PM
It's not a silly question! I think it is a very valid question...

manjay
15-04-2008, 04:18 PM
:laughing:

You just made me laugh out loud!!

I was just imagining a group trip to the toilet!!

It's reality!! I always have an audience:rolleyes:

jaja
15-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Hi

I make sure they are safe in a playpen or travel cot. However on my last inspection, i needed to go and visit the loo ( was minding a three year old boy!) i left him safely in the playroom, stairgate on and inspector watching him and my daughter play, i left room and into loo straight across from playroom, i didnt think anything of it (child was safe and protected from harm) however when my inspection was over she told me that i had left children unsupervised and then wrote this on my inspection! i asked what should i have done then? she told me i should have taken him with me!!!! i was completely surprised by this and i asked the parents thoughts and she agreed with me, she wouldnt of wanted me taking her 3 year old boy to the toliet with me, he was safe from harm, contained and happy, there was another registered adult watching over and i had gone for less than 2 mins! she was a new inspector (i was first one she did!!!) and very nervous.

I would of contested the result but i couldnt face another 5 hour visit!!!!!! yes 5 hours! and i still got good but that was one factor which stopped me getting outstanding! i was so upset by it.

What age do u guys stop taking the kids to the loo with you? i would be very interested to know!

jen
:littleangel:

miffy
15-04-2008, 05:15 PM
It's reality!! I always have an audience:rolleyes:

Likewise

Jen - i'd love to be able to go to the loo on my own but even the 3yearold will come with me if he knows where I'm going :laughing:

miffy xx