PDA

View Full Version : daily diary

mr man
22-12-2010, 09:20 PM
hi cna ia ks how people go aboutt he daily diary - or maybe what the best way to fill it in.
mine is a general paragarph of info or full page one day because of the day we had.

what do you put in it ?

do you do it in time format?

do you put anything negatvie - like had to tell E off today as........

is it ok to jsut use a general paragraph of what we've done and what E has
eaten?

i would see how a more lengthy diary is needed for a young one, my mindee is 4 and very wise for his age. mum is fabualous, not too cotton wool type but however is intrested. :)

I just sometimes feel im not putting enough in, I read a post before about what mrs O sees on inspection, and they read them.

one thing keeps getting me is when i pick E up from school, they say nothing, yet on two occasions he has told me when we get home that X has bit him :eek: and today as i noticed his ear was red and asked how he did it, and he said at school, banged it o the table. and at this point I could see the line its made and also that its buised. argh.
anyway ive not wrote these in his book, as he was not with me, but did tell mum all.
should i be writing this in?

beccas
22-12-2010, 09:24 PM
mine goes dat at top then
food
nappies
sleeps
then notes about day plus anything else.
I use a page a day.

its a a6 size notebook.
i also add pics if needed

linda2girls
22-12-2010, 09:29 PM
I use an A5 book but stick in a daily diary template (boxes for food, nappies, naps, etc). Sometimes I write a page of what we've been upto, sometimes just a paragraph. I sometimes stick photos in as well.

Linda.

georgie456
22-12-2010, 09:50 PM
I use an A5 book and use a double page daily, divided into sections:

1st page has:
* messages from home
* my mood today
* nappies
* lunch
* dinner

2nd page has:
* things I really enjoyed today
* wow moments
* messages for home

mr man
22-12-2010, 09:52 PM
thanks, im thinking my paragraph is ok then.
not sure if id have time for a two page spread. lol but i lvoe the idea of it.

feeling better about it thanks:)

georgie456
22-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm sure what you are doing is just perfect :)

It took me ages to find a format I was happy with, and I'm afraid I'm a bit OCD and like my pages all laid out just so (my parents all tease me mercilessly for it!)
I could probably fit it on a page a day!!!! :laughing: :laughing:

mufftie
22-12-2010, 10:28 PM
mine sounds similar to the others a tick the box sheet for nappies etcthen on the other side is space for a small paragraph for what theyve been up to that day i also do a diary on my computor for each child in the eyfs which is a few lines on each childs day including any observations concerns etc but thats for my record really parents get a copy every few monts just as a keep sake