PDA

View Full Version : Develpoment stages to update

Rubybubbles
22-12-2010, 02:25 PM
Okay! I have completed my 6 areas of learning for the 2 children so far, I have put in a brief next steps for them, I think they read well (but will take to long to omit names to show atm, will do soon)

So I was thinking, do I need to get parents to update their all about me forms, or will the part for parents comments on the development log be enough? I have these children full time:)

So far they have daily dairies, learning log (with spontanous obs and planned longer photo obs, pictures they do, that don't go home lol, which also has the main 'tracker sheets' in which tbh is a bit messy from where I highlight it different colours for each term, but it help me to cover it, and often I work with 2 age groups for both children, for example my 21 month old is using the 16-26/22-36) big scrap book full of photos with little sticky's which I quickly highlight and link also!

phew! it's been a long time since I have had more than 1 full time during the EYFS!

help???

sarah707
22-12-2010, 05:42 PM
It all sounds under control!

I just ask parents questions and write in their answers.

It's much easier than asking them to write something down and then they forget then they lose the Learning Journey etc.

Hth :D

miffy
22-12-2010, 05:53 PM
When I send the LJ's home I include a sheet for parents to fill in about what their child is interested in now, new things they can do, who they like to be/play with, any new activities they've started - that sort of thing.

Miffy xx

Rubybubbles
22-12-2010, 09:56 PM
thnk you girls, I went with a all about me form in the end! They are a good family and do share things with me in the daily diary:) I think I just got so muddled with the amount of stuff (all together for a change lol) and went ekkkkk! I have so much stuff.

The development one was an overview of the 6 stages and where the child is at now (so parent doesn't have to read every ob lol!, unless they want to)

All finished now for christmas yippeee, and I got card and present:eek: :D