PDA

View Full Version : Hot drinks for the parents?

Trpta108
22-12-2010, 10:58 AM
Do you serve hot drinks to the parents when they visit? If not do you serve something else instead, and what?

mufftie
22-12-2010, 11:07 AM
do you mean when they come to view the setting ? as i offer them a drink when they arrive but they dont always take it up
i know some settings such as sure start frwons upon hot drinks , but as long as you in control of the children and the watch where your putting the cup it would be ok as you cant be expected not to have a tea break

Trpta108
22-12-2010, 11:20 AM
do you mean when they come to view the setting ? as i offer them a drink when they arrive but they dont always take it up
i know some settings such as sure start frwons upon hot drinks , but as long as you in control of the children and the watch where your putting the cup it would be ok as you cant be expected not to have a tea break

Yes I meant when they come to view the setting:) . Wonder what Ofsted thinks about it though. Would you put it in your RA?

mufftie
22-12-2010, 11:30 AM
i havnt but yes that would be a good idea in generall to put hot drinks into your ra

Mouse
22-12-2010, 11:41 AM
I tend to start the visit by talking a bit about myself & showing parents my portfolio. I then ask if they'd like a drink and go off to make one. It gives them chance to have a look at my info & talk in private about their first impressions.

A first visit is always done outside of work hours, so I only have the parents' own child to watch near hot drinks. I tell them where is the safest place to put their drink.

mufftie
22-12-2010, 11:43 AM
I tend to start the visit by talking a bit about myself & showing parents my portfolio. I then ask if they'd like a drink and go off to make one. It gives them chance to have a look at my info & talk in private about their first impressions.

A first visit is always done outside of work hours, so I only have the parents' own child to watch near hot drinks. I tell them where is the safest place to put their drink.

im usually the same most parents come evening or weekends when theres only my own and there child around or if they do come in working hours i ask them to attend when im quiet usually in the morning when the preschoolers are at nursery

caz3007
22-12-2010, 12:59 PM
I usually do first visit when I am not working, if possible, but do offer a hot drink, and have a high shelf that I put them on until ready to drink. Do the some when ofsted visit and none have commented

bandlady
22-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I tend to treat any potential parent as any visitor to my home and always ask if they would like a hot drink after all we are a homebased setting and that is what I would do for any visitor to my home.

Denise