PDA

View Full Version : Can someone sort my brain out?!

Hellsbells
15-04-2008, 02:25 PM
After weeks of preparation, my paperwork is now done, house sorted (scrubbed to within an inch of its life) and standards memorised...ready for my pre-reg inspection at 10am tomorrow!

One thing in a bit confused about and could do with some help on...

Can anyone briefly (like a sentance or two) explain the Birth to Three framework, EYFS, and Every child matters?

I've read them all, but I am feeling very bogged down by it and if the inspector asks me to comment on these I can't give a concise answer!

Hope you can help me
x

Blaze
15-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Birth to three is a framework that is replaced in September (along with the nation standards & foundation stage)by the EYFS framework which will bring them all together under one umbrella as it were. Every Child matters was a green paper that followed after the shocking case of Victoria ClimbiƩ. The green paper prompted an unprecedented debate about services for children, young people and families. There was a wide consultation with people working in children's services, and with parents, children and young people.

Following the consultation, the Government published Every Child Matters: the Next Steps, and passed the Children Act 2004, providing the legislative spine for developing more effective and accessible services focused around the needs of children, young people and families.

Every Child Matters: Change for Children was published in 2004.
The Every Child Matters green paper identified the five outcomes that are most important to children and young people:

Be healthy
Stay safe
Enjoy and achieve
Make a positive contribution
Achieve economic well-being

We will be using the EYFS to make sure that children achieve these outcomes.

Also bear in mind that the Common Assement Framework (CAF) was also introduced to healp families/children under every child matters.

Hope this helps

Blaze:)

Blaze
15-04-2008, 02:53 PM
PS...You won't be expected to know all this at your pre-reg...just awareness they exist! So stop worrying!
Blaze:)

jaja
15-04-2008, 06:29 PM
good luck with your inspection, you will be fine,

xx

sarah707
15-04-2008, 06:34 PM
You'll be asked about the 14 standards and how you intend to use them... and like you say, you're with it with those! You'll be fine! :D

Hellsbells
15-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Thanks ladies, especially Blaze :thumbsup:

You're right, I need to chill! Its all done now, so its a glass of wine for me (just the one - I don't think a hangover is a good plan for tomorrow!) and How to Look Good Naked on tv :D

Twinkles
15-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks ladies, especially Blaze :thumbsup:

You're right, I need to chill! Its all done now, so its a glass of wine for me (just the one - I don't think a hangover is a good plan for tomorrow!) and How to Look Good Naked on tv :D

Not sure being naked on tv will impress the inspector :laughing:

ma7ie
15-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Not sure being naked on tv will impress the inspector :laughing:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Donkey
15-04-2008, 09:41 PM
good luck with the inspection and.....

gok is in tv and i've missed it??????!!!???
gutted

miffy
15-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

miffy xx