PDA

View Full Version : Variation Help

Little Pumpkins
15-04-2008, 02:18 PM
Hiya

I am needing some help I sent in a variation to be over my numbers between 3pm and 4pm some weekdays, as a part time now wants full time

Ofsted have now sent me a form to fill in, it says alot of things I know how to answer, but one is how do I split the time to meet all childrens needs, I am at a lost exactly what they are looking for in this as obviously I would spend time with all the children jointly

any advice would be greatly appreciated

Tatia
15-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Is that the school run time and possibly after-school snack? If so, explain how you will keep all children safe and supervised. And then, explain that as it is snack time, it is a communal time and everyone clubs together to help with snack and you all sit down together to talk about your day. Say that if a child needs individual attention, you will allow them to sit next to you or on your lap, so on and so on. You can talk about how the older children help with the younger children, how you manage to do nappy changes if younger, how much they love hanging out with the older kids.

sarah707
15-04-2008, 05:44 PM
I agree with Tatia ... :D

miffy
15-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Great advice from Tatia

Good luck

miffy xx

Tatia
15-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Well, my first response was "hey come on, what's one more?" but didn't figure OFSTED would take that as a legit reason for granting a variance!:laughing: