PDA

View Full Version : jigsaw puzzles mats

terrydoo73
21-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I have heard a whisper that there is something in jigsaw puzzle mats that is cancer causing??? Anyone heard anything about this or read it anywhere as I want to source the origin. I have been told they have been banned in Belgium with a European ban pending!!!

ChocolateChip
21-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Hope not, I have a big flat one that slides in under my sofa when it's time to pack away!
Will be interested in any answers though.

miffy
21-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Haven't heard or read anything about that - where did you get the information from?

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
21-12-2010, 06:34 PM
I know that bisphenol A is being banned in plastic bottles from January due to it's carcinogenic properties..... perhaps it is in jigsaw mats too? other than than i know noooooothing!

jen x

terrydoo73
22-12-2010, 06:54 PM
It came from my Early Years Social Services and they have an article from a Surestart group called Little Hands which supposedly was published in a local newspaper but when I range the newspaper to check it out they didn't know anything about it! I have been trying to get the local Environmental Health department to see if there is any foundation in it but as yet no joy - just thought I would try on here to see if anyone had read about it anywhere.