PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding Bank Holiday??

OrlandoBelle
21-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, I had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

I am just doing my holidays for next year and I wondered what everyone is doing for the Royal wedding Bank Holiday on 29th April. Are you treating it as a bank holiday?

I was thinking of treating it as I do with all bank holidays; remain open if needed, but will be charged at double time if children do attend. I find this usually deters them and I get a day off!:p

What is everyone else doing?

suzyblue
21-12-2010, 04:06 PM
I will be treating it as a bank holiday - full pay but not working :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
21-12-2010, 04:38 PM

Do you tell Parents you are closed and still get paid full fees?

wendywu
21-12-2010, 04:46 PM
[
QUOTE=Kindertime;835388]I will be treating it as a bank holiday - full pay but not working :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Ditto :thumbsup:

georgie456
21-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Do you tell Parents you are closed and still get paid full fees?

I do! I don't charge for my own holidays, but I do charge for bank holidays if they would normally attend, and I never work them. No-one has ever quibbled it :)

suzyblue
21-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Its in the contracts that I dont work bank holidays but do get paid. All the parents I have dont work bank holidays so its never been a problem - no one has ever queried it.:thumbsup:

mushpea
22-12-2010, 07:04 AM
is it an official bank holiday?? I dont charge and wont work bank holidays but may offer to work for extra pay,,, this really annoys me,, the royals have lots of money yet they make us miss out on a days pay so they can get married,, why could they not do it on a sat or sun or even a bank holiday thats already in place.

moogster1a
22-12-2010, 07:45 AM
I'm no royalty lover, but the idea of a bank holiday is so you get a day off and get paid for it. If they got married on a Saturday no one would have a free day off.

Chimps Childminding
22-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Not sure yet :rolleyes: I don't work Bank Holidays as a rule, and don't charge, but only have one mindee on a Friday and her mum works at a hospital so it will just be a normal day for her. Will wait and see if she asks me what I am doing (think the dad may be off ) As its a bank holiday weekend any way I don't mind working the friday as I get the Monday off anyway

mushpea
24-12-2010, 12:00 PM
I'm no royalty lover, but the idea of a bank holiday is so you get a day off and get paid for it. If they got married on a Saturday no one would have a free day off.

not true for me unfortunatly because i dont work bank holidays so as per the contracts i cannot charge for them,, just seems wrong to me that they can just declare a bank holiday because somone is getting married, still cant see why they cant get married on a normal bank holiday

jellybean cc
24-12-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi i have not started yet. But i thought childminders normal did not work on a bank holiday but just like everyone else we still get paid. Most parents will have the day of and still get paid.

Did you not choose what to put in your contract when you stated minding mushpea?

I have put in my contract that i do not work on bank holidays which are official government granted holiday. But that i do expect to be paid as it is a official holiday not my personal holiday.

mushpea
24-12-2010, 03:10 PM
Hi i have not started yet. But i thought childminders normal did not work on a bank holiday but just like everyone else we still get paid. Most parents will have the day of and still get paid.

Did you not choose what to put in your contract when you stated minding mushpea?

I have put in my contract that i do not work on bank holidays which are official government granted holiday. But that i do expect to be paid as it is a official holiday not my personal holiday.

on the new contacts it says if you arent prepared to work then you arent allowed to charge so as i am not prepared to work then i cant charge,, i use the ncma contracts

wendywu
24-12-2010, 04:11 PM
[
QUOTE=mushpea;837048]on the new contacts it says if you arent prepared to work then you arent allowed to charge so as i am not prepared to work then i cant charge,, i use the ncma contracts[/QUOTE]

Good reason to change to MM if ever there was one :thumbsup:

jellybean cc
24-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Oh i have the MM contracts. They have a tick the box section- i will work, i will not work and i will work at a rate of .... it does not mention payment at all in the not work section. So i did my bank holiday payment bit in my personal forms.

Nothing you can do if its on the contract, what a pain.

Sarahbelle
24-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Same here!:thumbsup:

mayberry
25-12-2010, 11:19 AM

me to

Dawn xx