miss mopple
21-12-2010, 11:13 AM
So far this morning we have made:

decorated candle holders
door hangers
calendars
stained glass window hangers
collages

read stories and played with foam packing chips (snow!)

They love craft but at this rate I'll have no ideas left for the rest of the week :laughing:

Anyone else have this on craft days? they just go through it all so quickly :panic:

mufftie
21-12-2010, 11:44 AM
well done you , ive mainly got older kids today 4 12 yr old lads ! so theyve taken over the wii , and the the younger girls are just been girly
i was collecting the older ones this morning at 6:30 so ive been up forever but coping quite well im not fed up yet

Louise0208
21-12-2010, 12:22 PM
my dog is keeping my daughter & 3 year old mindee occupied, there playing fetch.....the kids are doing the fetching! :rolleyes:

iv only got her for an hour so its hard to plan crafts on short days.

Vickster
21-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I am just plucking up courage to do a show with them, they want to do Annie..... I have been in to town this am on the bus to the church all which had lots of crafts there :) We are also going to make reindeer food and door hangers this afternoon. At the moment they are playing Mummies and Daddys which involves alot of high pitched wailing! Wine tonight I think as it is my last day.....

loocyloo
21-12-2010, 01:26 PM
LOL!:laughing: it always happens to me!

one morning in the summer we were playing in the woods at 9am, a neighbour commented how early we were out and i said thats because they've already done everything else i had planned for the morning !!! LOL !!!

i find activity kids. co uk a great help! and printed off loads of wordsearches/mazes etc ... which because i was organised this year ;) haven't been used!

jumpinjen
21-12-2010, 01:30 PM
I know how you feel..... I was like that yesterday..... today steam holding out..... how about decorating plastic/paper cups and mixing porridge oats and glitter to make reindeer food for Christmas Eve?

Any toilet rolls hanging around..... snowmen??

food colouring in water and 'paint' the snow with brushes?

pin the tail on the reindeer?

Hugs, jen x

miss mopple
21-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Glad its not just here then!

Have got the littlie to bed, DD1 is now in her room with my card making stash making cards (bet she raids all the good stuff :rolleyes: ), and the mindees are curled up in the playroom watching a dvd :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is DD2's birthday so we are off to soft play for the day, then Thursday I need to get the house ready for Christmas so I think today they can take all their craft work home tonight and the boxes can be put away til the new year. Since my original post we've also made plates for Santas mince pies, and baked some mince pies. I'm frazzled!

Roll on 7pm and wine o clock :laughing:

georgie456
21-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm the same!!! Plus I'm dosed up on Day nurse today :(

Today we have made handprint angels, snowman paperchains, chocolate truffles, coconut ice and Christmas colouring.

I'm now flaked out while they all watch the Polar Express!

jumpinjen
21-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Now on paper snowflakes here...... our Christmas viewing this afternoon is 'the littlest light on the christmas tree...... the one two year old keeps asking for bratz though!!!!!

Not in my house!!

jen x

WibbleWobble
21-12-2010, 02:39 PM
today we have made

12 mince pies
played with left over pastry
decorated boxes we made to put in the fudge we will make tomorrow for parents
made 8 home made crackers for the party on thursday

thats on top of treasure basket and usual cars and dinosaurs

mandy xxx

mushpea
21-12-2010, 02:51 PM
i used to be like that but now I make one thing with them then we have a break whilst i clear up and have a cuppa and they play then i start again or we go for a walk,,, I refuse to do everything early on cause I have found they get bored,,,, I also used to have a child who would sit next to me constantly when i wasnt doing somthing with them and would pester for the next thing till in the end i told them to go and play and that if they didnt amuse themselves for a while then i wouldnt do anything with them,,

so far this week we have made
salt dough shapes
paper chains
coconut ice
angel shape boxs to put the coconut ice in
christmas cards
calenders
decorated foam stockings
made angels
decorated the salt dough
made 3d christmas trees,
tommoro we are making reindeer cakes and going to a friends to play after lunch then thursday its 'amuse yourselfs day' with a film and munchies in the afternoon.
I find the less I do craft wise the more they have learnt to entertain themselves and play together nicley where as before everytime i was cleaning up after the craft they would go and fight and mess around!