PDA

View Full Version : a little help needed

jubeedo
21-12-2010, 09:51 AM
hi
im newly registered and i have 2 children i care for.
i was wondering what people would recommend i do.
one child is consistant and i have her child full time, the other i have only just took on 2 weeks ago. she has just told me today that she may not need me in january but then again in feb, its mainly 2 days a week.
do i still charge for the days or half the cost what would you do in this situation, she did not mention this when i signed contracts etc and her english is not very good. can anyone advise please. :huh:

miffy
21-12-2010, 06:42 PM
If you have a contract for 2 days a week then parent should pay for those days whether she uses them or not - it does depend what you have written in your contracts.

Why doesn't she need you in January? Is she going on holiday? Would you normally charge for that?

I think you need to talk to her and find out exactly what is going on and also explain that your contract is for two days a week which must be paid for.

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
21-12-2010, 06:44 PM
hi,

Miffy is right, you need to start as you mean to go on.... if she is contracted for two days then she must pay for them whether used or not if her choice to not send due to relatives staying over, friend offering to have them etc. if you charge full for holidays and they are on hols then charge them. there is a section for fees on the printed contracts that you buy..... what did you put on there about absences?

jen x

jubeedo
22-12-2010, 02:11 PM
I have put that i wont charge for any hols i take as i have been doing with other customer since sept. i just wondered as the do get help with childcare payments , like someone already said on here we are not actually getting paid for doing nothing as someone else could have the days etc, it just if im not knowing what other CM are doing i could be ripping myself off, ive worked really hard and already spent money getting the setting right. but i dont want to seem greedy :blush: