PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust.....

Helcatt
20-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Am starting to get a bit down about this now.

For a year, I have had the same vacancy. I am earning ok but another child would make a real difference to the finances.

Over the year, I have had a few interviews, but not many and it has been very obvious straight away that I am not what the person was looking for. In the last month or so, I have had loads of enquiries, some I can't do because they want full time and I don't currently have a full time vacancy, others the days were wrong. But I have had quite a few now that have been perfect, hours worked, got on well with the person, lovely babies etc etc and it is still not happening

I have just had another person say no. They did say I was great, but I was out of their way (don't blame them, if there was a choice between two good CMs, I would go with the one that was en route). And its not like I can move just so I am in a better location. Just very disheartened now. And she was passed on by a friend of hers, who again found I was out of the way

I know, at some point soon, the right person will come along but .........

Why can't they hurry up!

HX

Pipsqueak
20-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Something will happen - just when you are least expecting it.

Could you offer evening babysitting in childs home perhaps as a temp thing?

teacake2
20-12-2010, 11:07 PM
I know what you are saying, it took me 15 months to fill my last vacancy which is great as it is a full time one, it came about by the mum taking the child away from another setting as things were not working out and she happened to ring me for advice, which I told her and I never heard anything else from her for a while, she had gone back to the other setting to try and work things out. I now just have a vacancy for two days a week and this is also due to be filled by a friend of a friend's recommendation, and this will be a baby. So it does come round eventually, and hopefully like me, it will be something that fits in perfectly for you.:laughing: :laughing:
Teacake2

mayberry
21-12-2010, 06:47 AM
Hi, hang in there somethink will come along soon :) have a great christmas and a happy new year in 2011 it will happen :clapping:

Dawn xx

The Juggler
21-12-2010, 08:29 AM
if you feel you are a bit more 'out the way' than other minders perhaps look locally at who you are on route for and target their businesses with cards/leaflets??

wish you all the best hon for the new year. sending good luckx

Helcatt
22-12-2010, 01:49 PM
And after that moan, I think I might have filled the space. Lady visited this morning, seems keen, am en route to the underground station that she wants to use and because I can start just before 8 she is also happy

No money changed hands or contracts signed as yet, but she's talking about signing contract and starting settling in process on the 5th of Jan with a view to starting properly on the 12th.

2 days a week, means I get a nice bit extra coming in AND still keep my mondays free for ME!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

HX

Mummits
22-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Brilliant. Well done you!

Helcatt
22-12-2010, 08:13 PM
I just emailed her details, such as deposit expected, first months fees, monthly rate, and a few other important things. All covered in the copy of policies that she has to look over anyway

And am now worried I have over egged the situation. Oh well, only time will tell.

I came through another minder I know, so was recommended and she said she wasn't planning on seeing any other minders. Said she was going on gut feeling. Not interested in references either.

And she is leaving it rather late to find someone if she needs them to start on the 12th of Jan

:fingerscrossed:

HX