PDA

View Full Version : Is it hyporcritical?

FussyElmo
20-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Our school closes tomorrow we havent had much snow but it is now frozen over etc etc. Our school doesnt also like closing for the bad weather they expect you in regardless.

Well today it was the key stage 2 christmas carol concert which was to be taken place in church. The church is if Im being generous a 4 min walk from the school.

12 oclock we get a text from school saying it will now take place in school as it is too dangerous underfoot to get to chuch.

Now if its too dangerous to get to church then surely its too dangerous to walk to school or is that just me.

Pipsqueak
20-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Oh go on - I grant you permission to stop off school tomorrow:D

anyone else give permission:D

Louise0208
20-12-2010, 07:39 PM
were the children being walked to the church by the teachers? could it be that they couldnt hold all there hands to keep them upright :)

it would be like a dominoe effect if there all linked :laughing:

gigglinggoblin
20-12-2010, 08:35 PM
I am really close to school but I am often one of the first to say its too slippy to go in. If they say anything just ask if they will take responsibility and pay your bills if you break a leg. They wont. You are completely reasonable to say its too slippy if they have already said it.

Ripeberry
20-12-2010, 08:58 PM
That's daft! Our school church is down a steep field, through a stile and accross a country road. We managed it OK with 50 kids and 15 parents/teachers last Friday and the ground was frozen and frosty, took us 15 mins down and 20 mins back up.

Lots of fun had by all, but very cold :panic:

sweets
20-12-2010, 09:54 PM
it is hypocritical but its probably an insurance problem for them. if a child slipped and broke a bone while in thier care they may be liable.

Noomie
20-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Of course it is.

I wonder if schools feel so much pressure to stay open as they get bad press for closing and parents get the hump because they get flack about not going in to work.

But then they have to be responsible for all the children once in their care. Catch 22 happening.

FussyElmo
21-12-2010, 11:56 AM
I get the insurance purposes etc but the head was being grotty to some parents this morning about being late and how they should have sent off earlier......she soon shut up when the text was shown to her.

Im a very mean mum I usually get my children through if the school is open :rolleyes:

And I did need the extra morning to finish my shopping until eldest dd is sent home ill :rolleyes: