PDA

View Full Version : mums just got sacked UPDATE

flowerpots
19-12-2010, 10:50 AM
awww just what i didnt need! one of my mums has just called to say she has been sacked from her job! im absolutely gutted, i am now going to lose my full time mindee and her sister which amounted to £1000 per month, i cant believe someone would sack her just before xmas (unless serious, she didnt go into detail). luckily im all set for xmas (except food:blush: ) but what a rubbish start to the new year. :(

feeling pretty rubbish now, dont want to spend xmas feeling like this! :mad:

Chimps Childminding
19-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Oh how awful for you and the mum, she must feel as bad as you :( The trouble is business dont worry about people's feelings or the fact its christmas if they need to make cuts to save money they do it regardless of the time of year!!!

Hope she manages to get a new job soon and you get mindees back :thumbsup:

wendywu
19-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Dont fret she may get another job quickly. She must have got paid notice.

Tell her that you need at least two or three days a week to keep the spaces open.

But thinking about it can you be sacked just like that without any prior notice. Make sure she is telling you the truth :rolleyes:

Joannechildmind
19-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Oh no how awful, try to put this out of your mind for now and advertise like mad after christmas. U never know she may find another job quickly.

So sorry hun its alot of money to lose. :(

flowerpots
19-12-2010, 12:48 PM
thanks for the advice guys, mum isnt going to get paid any notice because shes been sacked but is going to try and find a job quickly so she can keep her space. on the up hand, she has just dropped off 4wks notice money and shes going to use me for interviews and job hunting for the 4 wks.

wendy, she said she had a disciplinary hearing and was sacked as the outcome, she was still on her probation period! :panic:

oh well, going to get organised over the next four weeks and then start advertising again, things dont seem too bad here (customer wise) :)

Hebs
19-12-2010, 01:13 PM
probationary period or not (these are a myth anyway look it up!!!) they MUST pay her the required notice period :D

wendywu
19-12-2010, 01:14 PM
i wonder what she did:eek:

Joannechildmind
19-12-2010, 01:23 PM
i wonder what she did:eek:

yes thats what i wonder too :rolleyes: im too noisy :blush:

Penny1959
19-12-2010, 01:51 PM
I am guessing she may have got notice money as been able to pay Flowerpots her notice money - who has that much spare just before Christmas?

Flowerpots sounds like she does want to get a job so fingers crossed she does

Penny :)

miffy
19-12-2010, 03:25 PM
thanks for the advice guys, mum isnt going to get paid any notice because shes been sacked but is going to try and find a job quickly so she can keep her space. on the up hand, she has just dropped off 4wks notice money and shes going to use me for interviews and job hunting for the 4 wks.

wendy, she said she had a disciplinary hearing and was sacked as the outcome, she was still on her probation period! :panic:

oh well, going to get organised over the next four weeks and then start advertising again, things dont seem too bad here (customer wise) :)

I'm glad she's paid you - if she was claiming child tax credits those would continue for 4 weeks after she lost her job.

I hope she gets a new job soon

Miffy xx

flowerpots
19-12-2010, 07:36 PM
awww just what i didnt need! one of my mums has just called to say she has been sacked from her job! im absolutely gutted, i am now going to lose my full time mindee and her sister which amounted to £1000 per month, i cant believe someone would sack her just before xmas (unless serious, she didnt go into detail). luckily im all set for xmas (except food:blush: ) but what a rubbish start to the new year. :(

feeling pretty rubbish now, dont want to spend xmas feeling like this! :mad:

Just had a call from a potential new customer who will completely replace the one i lost, i posted her a message on childcare.co.uk because she added me as a favourite a few weeks ago and she called me straight away and seems very interested and best of all its for a baby (7month old) which i will love. :D

flowerpots
19-12-2010, 07:38 PM
;)
probationary period or not (these are a myth anyway look it up!!!) they MUST pay her the required notice period :D

oooh thats interesting, maybe they did then and thats how she has paid me up front, she does get tax credits but usually paid me weekly. :)

im sooooo nosey, i was dying to ask what she did but just couldnt bring myself to do it. lol

wendywu
19-12-2010, 10:37 PM
[
QUOTE=flowerpots;834397];)

oooh thats interesting, maybe they did then and thats how she has paid me up front, she does get tax credits but usually paid me weekly. :)

im sooooo nosey, i was dying to ask what she did but just couldnt bring myself to do it. lol[/QUOTE]

Ohhh Kate no go on ask:laughing:

I really feel that for professional purposes you should know. Like just in case she is a arsonist or bank robber or a drug baron or a madame of a brothel, you know the sort of every day thing that mums can get up to during a luch time. :laughing: :clapping:

Twinkles
19-12-2010, 10:59 PM
[

I really feel that for professional purposes you should know. Like just in case she is a arsonist or bank robber or a drug baron or a madame of a brothel, you know the sort of every day thing that mums can get up to during a luch time. :laughing: :clapping:[/QUOTE]

Wendy take a deep breath and calm down. I've told you before Jackie Collins novels are not real !

wendywu
19-12-2010, 11:01 PM

I really feel that for professional purposes you should know. Like just in case she is a arsonist or bank robber or a drug baron or a madame of a brothel, you know the sort of every day thing that mums can get up to during a luch time. :laughing: :clapping:

Wendy take a deep breath and calm down. I've told you before Jackie Collins novels are not real ![/QUOTE]

Huh you should try mixing the the same minders i do, you miss a lot of excitment walking that dog :jump for joy:

Chimps Childminding
19-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Just had a call from a potential new customer who will completely replace the one i lost, i posted her a message on childcare.co.uk because she added me as a favourite a few weeks ago and she called me straight away and seems very interested and best of all its for a baby (7month old) which i will love. :D

Great news - hope it works out for you!!! :thumbsup:

wendywu
19-12-2010, 11:05 PM
See it works out ok in the end, fate is funny like that in minding.

It always seems that as one door closes another one opens. Its worked like that for me for 14 years. :)

Joannechildmind
19-12-2010, 11:27 PM
thats great news :clapping:

VINASOL
20-12-2010, 09:08 AM

I don't think that they do. This happened to me; was two months into my three months probationary period and I got sacked because 'they said' I had taken too much time off because my daughter was ill (was the start of DDs asthma attacks; however I had only a few days off (used entitled holiday) and I had often started work an hour early, or worked an hour later lots of time - they forgot that)

I didn't get a disciplinary, I just got told one day, got paid that month and was out that day.

Some employers are lovely! Hope she finds something soon...i dont' tell employers about the job (said it wa sa temporary position) so it didn't look bad on my CV....