PDA

View Full Version : Will they understand

Kes
19-12-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm worrying about the snow as I'm sure a lot of us are. I am due to go to my mums xmas eve which is a 2 hour drive and I'm worrying that if we still have snow I won't get there. The problem is I was really organised and sent all the kids pressies to my mums.:panic:
If the snow starts to disappear mid week do you think the parents will understand if I close to get down my mums early. I'm supposed to have kids until thursday.
I don't want to let the parents down but at the same time I don't want to disappoint my kids.

samb
19-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Ah no. Snow is getting annoying really isn't it. I would personally close and as I would be making myself unavailable I would refund for the time I wouldn't be working. I hope they are understanding and you enjoy your christmas.

wendywu
19-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Put it this way, if bad weather is forcast then the parents will not be going to work on christmas eve as well. So i cannot see how they can be upset. Unless you charge for your holidays, then they may.

So you could play it by ear and see. Or do as i do work untill 3pm on christmas eve so parents can go in and enjoy their christmas parties.

I say i am quite happy to take the day off as unpaid holiday, or i work until 3 but they still pay a full day to 6. Its their choice. They all still bring the children.:)

welshcake
19-12-2010, 11:23 AM
They are sure to understand i had this 2 weeks ago I was open but parents could not get to me as there was no way the roads etc could be driven on. i charged half rate and most were great one had hump but tbh she still got paid for sitting at home. x

Kes
19-12-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm closed xmas eve anyway which is when I'm planning on going down just wondered about closing before then to make sure I get there.
The children I have next week are holidays only which is why I'm thinking they won't be happy with me if I shut early. Will talk to the parents tomorrow if they make it in and see what they say.
I may be ok yet and not need to go early I'm just a worrier.

Hebs
19-12-2010, 01:12 PM
i would close on the thursday and go up then, put your own family first :thumbsup:

wendywu
19-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Sorry my mistake i did not digest that you were off christmas eve.

What is the weather forcast for your area, do they forcast snow on the 22nd or 23rd.:)

Kes
19-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I have just checked the weather and it says snow tomorrow and tuesday then none again until christmas day. I guess that leaves me relying on the snow clearing a bit on wednesday and thursday.

Joannechildmind
19-12-2010, 02:42 PM
yes i would tell parent that you have decided to close early due to weather conditions etc. Most parents finish work earlier anyway and use the days to finish christmas shopping etc. You have to put your family 1st .

miffy
19-12-2010, 03:29 PM
If you would be happier closing a day earlier and making sure you get to your mums then do so.

It would be better to make that decision now so parents have time to organise other childcare if they need to.

Miffy xx