PDA

View Full Version : do your parents know......

juejue
17-12-2010, 10:37 PM
about this site.

Have you told them or have they found it themselves ?

Do you think they would know if you have written something..... it was about them ?

If they asked would you tell them you are a member

Just wondering, coz I have nothing else to do :laughing:

Hebs
17-12-2010, 10:43 PM
:) yes mine know, and i havent posted anything on here i wouldn't or havent told a parent :D

i will come on here and sound off (i have a habit of being honest .. brutely sometimes lol ) so i come on here get it out get advice then deal with it :D

SYLVIA
17-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Don't think mine know but I would say anything here that i haven't said to them

Carol M
17-12-2010, 11:14 PM
One of mine told me she had read all my posts!
Changed my name now but I really don't mind if she reads them, it will give her a greater understanding of what it's all about. So, "Hello Nathalie if you are reading this,I do love looking after your little one"
Carol xx

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 11:52 PM
What I do in my spare time is my business

This is my own private little place - dont even like sharing it with friends never mind parents :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though I think some know and I have nothing to hide so if they want to come here and read my mad threads they are more than welcome

Angel xx

juejue
18-12-2010, 12:05 AM
What I do in my spare time is my business

This is my own private little place - dont even like sharing it with friends never mind parents :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously though I think some know and I have nothing to hide so if they want to come here and read my mad threads they are more than welcome

Angel xx
Angel....
I have just noticed how many post you have done on here. Is that right ......24,400. If so how long have you been a member.

I am very nosey tonight arent I, asking all these question.:blush:

But I cant go out cos of the snow, so have nothing to do

angeldelight
18-12-2010, 12:06 AM
Angel....
I have just noticed how many post you have done on here. Is that right ......24,400. If so how long have you been a member.

Yes that is right :clapping: :clapping:

Thats why they call me Gerty Gasbag ha ha ha

I joined not long after the forum started in 2006 wahoooooooooooo

Angel xx

wendywu
18-12-2010, 12:09 AM
the answer to the question is... NO

angeldelight
18-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Angel....

You can read about the team here

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=78092#post78092

Angel xx

snufflepuff
18-12-2010, 12:15 AM
How do you change your username?
My parents dont know about here and if they did I doubt my parents would bother to look....but I have realised that one in particular would be able to identify me if they did ever come on here.

I like this and another forum I use to be my own space!

angeldelight
18-12-2010, 12:16 AM
How do you change your username?
My parents dont know about here and if they did I doubt my parents would bother to look....but I have realised that one in particular would be able to identify me if they did ever come on here.

I like this and another forum I use to be my own space!

You would need to message Pauline

Angel xx

juejue
18-12-2010, 12:25 AM
You can read about the team here

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=78092#post78092

Angel xx

Angel....I cant get into it . Is that cos I haven't been on it that long

flowerpots
18-12-2010, 09:29 AM
i dont know if my parents know but it wouldnt bother me if they did. x:)

sarah707
18-12-2010, 09:58 AM

No... you should be able to access that thread.

Go to the front page of the forum, look in member information.

The thread is called 'meet the team' :D

Fabby
18-12-2010, 10:03 AM
i told my parents that i go on a forum for advice and ideas but they dont know which one - they never asked x

Lady Haha
18-12-2010, 10:07 AM
i told my parents that i go on a forum for advice and ideas but they dont know which one - they never asked x

Same here:thumbsup:

I would hate for them to go trying to find out which one it was and then finding my posts!!!!

crazyXstitcher
18-12-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't told my mindees parents but if they found it they might guess who i am by my user name. Not exactly a pseudonym :D

Not that i post often enough to be of interest anyway. I mainly lurk to look for advice.

And both mindee and parents are lovely anyway.

Louise0208
18-12-2010, 10:30 AM
my parents dont know i post on here, this is my only place i can vent off without people knowing who im on about, other CM's in my area are friends with my mindees parents so its not like i can discuss issues or advice at CM group :(

caz3007
18-12-2010, 10:33 AM
I have mentioned that I use a childminding forum, but dont think anyone would be bothered to look. If I was going to really moan, I would go green to do it

jelly15
18-12-2010, 10:46 AM
I hope not :eek: . If I post something I really don't want parents to see I use green members only, just in case :thumbsup: .

angeldelight
18-12-2010, 11:19 AM

Yes you should be able to view it

Angel xx

Helcatt
18-12-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't think they know, but I try to have anything I'm worried about in members only, just incase

HX

mayberry
18-12-2010, 11:44 AM
I dont know if my parents know? but it wouldnt bother me if they did :laughing: :laughing:

Dawn xx

PixiePetal
18-12-2010, 11:56 AM
one of my ex parents knew - she thought it was great that I had somewhere for ideas, advice and natter!

current ones I haven't told and don't think they would be interested anyway. I did tell the Inspector when she came :D she had heard of it :)

Anthing personal I would post in greenies and I try to be fair and understanding, not too controversial - but that's my nature anyway:blush: I love the support we have on here for work and personal issues - sometimes easier to 'chat' here first and clear your head.

I love the forum :thumbsup:

loocyloo
18-12-2010, 12:22 PM
i don't think my parents know, and if they do, not sure they'll know its me!

i do tell other minders about this forum, but i only know one other who uses it, and i think she was already here before me! (hello debbie!)

xxx

miffy
18-12-2010, 08:40 PM
I have told no-one! :D

Miffy xx

Playmate
18-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I have mentioned that I use a childminding forum, but dont think anyone would be bothered to look. If I was going to really moan, I would go green to do it

We are the same, we often talk about the forum but I don't think they would come looking because they think its all positive advice:D Funnily enough I can never seemed to be bothered to write about the problems I have with parents it always seems to to long :D

and I don't think any of the would guess who playmate or blueboy were :laughing:

Blaze
18-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I tell no-one too - it's all mine LOL!:D

Beetlejuice
18-12-2010, 10:57 PM
my parents dont know i post on here, this is my only place i can vent off without people knowing who im on about, other CM's in my area are friends with my mindees parents so its not like i can discuss issues or advice at CM group :(

That's a shame. There are some things I don't discuss here because some of my CM group are on here - not that I mind that (they were here first lol!) but some things I keep private. I do need to sound off about some of my parents though and this is the best place for that.

maisiemog
21-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Nope...not told any of my parents that I use it. Wouldn't be bothered if they did find out though. Got nothing to hide and never posted anything I wouldn't mind them knowing. Just thankful that apart from dropping off early all my parents are pretty good so no need to have major moans thankfully!!!

ChocolateChip
21-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Most of my parents know I use one but I wouldn't really want them coming on here and finding my posts.
I have posted about issues in the past, and even if it's in members it only takes a few posts to get in there, I wouldn't like to think that my customers are reading my posts. This is my sanctuary, away from demanding children and thoughtless parents, and although most of my lot are fab and I can discuss issues with them openly, sometimes I just need a bit of advice from virtual friends rather than real ones, iyswim.
Also sometimes posts are about personal stuff and I definitely wouldn't want some of my customers reading that! :blush: