PDA

View Full Version : OMG I can't believe what mindee's mum said today...

buzzy bee
17-12-2010, 07:08 PM
..."I've just given him a smack because he hit me"

Mindee is 12 months.

:eek:

Where is the logic?!?!

Louise0208
17-12-2010, 07:11 PM
:rolleyes: the mentality of some people :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
17-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Oh dear :(

funemnx
17-12-2010, 07:15 PM
OMG!!!! :eek:

Penny1959
17-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Guess she is going to be really surprised when child goes around hitting everyone else

Penny :)

snufflepuff
17-12-2010, 07:32 PM
I had a parent say exactly the same- LO hit her with something, so she smacked her. LO was about 15 months old I think. I thought it was a knee-jerk reaction, the shock of being hit etc, but she has told me about 'having to hit' LO since then too. Makes no sense to me with such a young child.

Beetlejuice
17-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Hmm wonder where mindee learned to smack then??? I told one parent one day at collection time that mindee had hit and the parent called the child over and threatened to smack him if he hit again! :eek: Scary times!

wendywu
17-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Very sad that an adult has no self control with such a small baby :panic:

Carol M
17-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Very clever that :eek:
Carol xx

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Really sad

:eek: :eek:

Angel xx

buzzy bee
17-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Glad it's not just me who thought it was crazy!! :rolleyes:

mayberry
18-12-2010, 07:18 AM
:angry: and Shock as you all are, I would have to say some think I would say children will only lean by setting a good example poor child this is very sad :eek: :eek:

Dawn x

Ripeberry
18-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Very shocking:mad: And the fact she thought it was OK to tell you! I'd be checking the child for marks all the time now :(

sarah707
18-12-2010, 09:19 AM
I used to have a parent who did that to her little one.

I found it so sad he used to cower when he did anything wrong however gently I tried to explain things :(

Mummits
18-12-2010, 09:25 AM
I took my son and a mindee to a nativity at nursery. A little boy of about two was also in the audience with his dad but had wriggled away from him and was jiggling up and down, pulling faces etc and generally playing about at my feet, so his dad leaned over to me and loudly asked me to smack him! I was so shocked all I could think to say was "I'm not allowed to!". Mind you, middle of a nativity play probably not the greatest time and place to have a debate about parenting. Anyway, I managed to shush him (the child that is!) and the dad didn't say anything more. I've been wondering since whether anyone would have done as he asked and apparently expected!

Ripeberry
18-12-2010, 01:00 PM
I took my son and a mindee to a nativity at nursery. A little boy of about two was also in the audience with his dad but had wriggled away from him and was jiggling up and down, pulling faces etc and generally playing about at my feet, so his dad leaned over to me and loudly asked me to smack him! I was so shocked all I could think to say was "I'm not allowed to!". Mind you, middle of a nativity play probably not the greatest time and place to have a debate about parenting. Anyway, I managed to shush him (the child that is!) and the dad didn't say anything more. I've been wondering since whether anyone would have done as he asked and apparently expected!

What a nutter that dad is :eek: :eek: Asking a stranger to hit their kid!
Reminds me of when I was younger, my mum was going through a bad patch with her Bi-polar disorder and could not tolerate just normal children's noise or messing around and I did get quite a lot of smacks, hair pulling just for being noisy and for a few years afterwards, if anyone stood over me and raised their arm, even if they were pointing at something I would cower automaticaly :(
I'm still scared of my mum even now, as she is very strong and now that she has dementia she is even more unpredictable. I just avoid her altogether now.

Mummits
18-12-2010, 05:50 PM
So sorry to hear you had such a rough time as a child Ripeberry. But I've heard such a lot of stories of you lovely people overcoming all sorts of adversity and setbacks, I'm sure that's part of what makes you such compassionate people and determined to give the children you care for a better start in life. You really deserve every happiness and success now.

Have a lovely Christmas!

VINASOL
18-12-2010, 08:00 PM
I have a parent who smacks her children too...again I don't understand the logic of parents punishign their kids for hitting other children when they are being hit themselves.

I do not think that children need to be smacked for any reason - sorry but I don't.

miffy
18-12-2010, 08:22 PM
..."I've just given him a smack because he hit me"

Mindee is 12 months.

:eek:

Where is the logic?!?!

And that's teaching him what exactly? :eek: :(

Miffy xx

Mollymop
18-12-2010, 10:23 PM
a 12 month old smaking his mum?? what the heck! How can a 12 month old smack his mum:panic: :rolleyes:
parent is so wrong