PDA

View Full Version : handed in my notice

TRACEY1969
17-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I posted a thread on here about a few weeks ago due to the parent shutting my door in my face because i refused to have her sick mindee. Anyway since then parent has been looking for a new child minder. She has found one and she starts in the new year. The parent was ok with my notice and she seems to of realised that she was at fault and i wasn't taking none of it. My friend who is to become the new minder has told me that when they saw her that they told her my child mindering skills were excellent but the dad said he didn't like me as a person but mom didn't say anythink as me and her do get on now. I am unhappy that he is telling other minders he doen't like me he told her " he is a good judge of people and he took an instant dislike to me and there was something he didn't like about me". I have only met dad 3 times no more than 2 mins at a time, mom did the viewing by herself without him. I am upset he is saying this about me.

Winnie
17-12-2010, 04:29 PM
As long as he isn’t saying anything slanderous or is breaking your confidentiality policy then there is nothing you can do, just let them walk away and hold your head up high- he can dislike you all he likes it doesn’t make their behaviour right. (((hugs)))

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 05:25 PM
I would ignore him

It will all blow over soon anyway and he is just not worth it

I know you are upset but hold your head up and have a lovely christmas

Hugs

Angel xx

miffy
17-12-2010, 06:02 PM
He might have said it hoping it would get back to you and upset you so don't give him the satisfaction of letting it.

Just ignore it - you don't have to bother with him again.

Miffy xx

wendywu
17-12-2010, 06:26 PM
So he didnt like you but left his children with you, yer right.:angry:

If they knew this minder was your friend then they knew this would get back to you.

If i was your friend i would have said ' funny she said exactly the same thing about you ' :laughing:

georgie456
17-12-2010, 07:44 PM
He took "an instant dislike" to you, yet was happy for you to care for his children?!

What a twit.

mayberry
18-12-2010, 05:30 AM
I would not take any notice easier said than done I know rise above and consternate on to your next adventure, good luck have a great Christmas

Dawn xx :)

Penny1959
18-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Agree with all the others - take no notice - he can have his opinion - but does not make him right.

Things like this are very hurtful but luckily do not ususally have any impact on your reputation as a childminder (and he is not saying anything bad about your childminding service)

Right now I am feeling very low myself with the way I have been treated by mindees parents- but I know deep down that it just a blow to myself esteem - and in my case regret that I could not 'make a difference' for mindees.

Roll on Christmas holidays where you and I (and all the others on here who have had a difficult time for one reason or another) may recharge our batteries and start the new year on a positive.

Penny :)