PDA

View Full Version : Local Childminders

handeme
17-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I am newly registered and wondered if it would be worthwhile E-Mailing local chldminders just to introduce myself?

The reason I thought this was because they all don't seem to talk but wondered if this was because they never have.

c x

venus89
17-12-2010, 04:24 PM
I think so. In my town nobody really talked to I set up a Childminders' Group at our local Children's Centre and whilst the older (as in having done it for longer!) Childminders don't really come the newly registering ones are using it.

Good luck - let us know how you get on!

christine e
17-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me or you could have a chat with your development officer to see if she (or he) can help

Good luck

Cx

mayberry
18-12-2010, 05:17 AM
I think thats a great idea i also think the same as christine e talk to your development officer good luck.

Dawn x

Penny1959
18-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Also how about contacting others who went through pre reg with you or who were on any courses that you attended. Often because registering at same time you can support each other - even if don't become 'friends'.

Maybe your development officer would be happy to pass on a message for you (they won't give you other peoples numbers) but might have email address and therefore be happy to forward your email address with your permission.

Or if LA do somesort of newsletter- maybe they would let you write a short bit offering to host a get together with aim of setting up a childminding group (assuming not one already) - does not need to be formal or even include drop in - could just be a group who meet in evenings occassionally or a group who keep in touch by email

Good luck - and in the meantime - don't forget the support available on here.

Penny :)

handeme
18-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks,

I think I will just drop the childminders local to me aquick E-Mail to say Hi and see what response I get.

I am in constant touch with 4 girls who I went through the registration process with, we all live in different areas thoug.

c x