PDA

View Full Version : v excited new bilingual mindee

acorns
17-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I'm signing contracts tonight for a new mindee, only 5 months old. Mum and Dad are Hungarian and only speak to him in Hungarian. He is coming to me to learn English while Mum studies. At the rate my dd talks he wont get a word in edgeways (but will learn English v quick)!! I feel priviliedged to have this job:)

Better find that Goulash recipe!

Has made me think though that for foreign parents it can be hard to understand childcare regulations. They haven't asked for references or my Ofsted report. Lucky they found me and not someone dodgy. (i'm giving them my report tonight & explaining regulations etc)

mufftie
17-12-2010, 10:28 AM
aww how lovely , use this oportunity to learn more about their culture aswel , i took on 2 polish girls 18 months (different families )and have now learnt to be fairly fluent in polish , i write all document in both polish and english and have them displayed on my notice board , and ive also got an internet radio which ive found a polish radio station that plays childrens music al day , theres lots of ideas you can do so you can learn from the baby aswel as him learning from you and ive really enjoyed doing it .