PDA

View Full Version : insurance claim

Helen Dempster
16-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi all

Just a quick question before I'm off to bed...

2 of my mindees, when they first started, managed to break my play kitchen - both doors have been snapped off. I was just wondering if this is something I can claim for on my Childminding insurance? Have any of you claimed for resources in the past and how do you go about it? It cost me about £80 and it's such a shame :-(

Thanks everyone.

Nighty-night.

glitzygal
16-12-2010, 11:21 PM
not sure, maybe ring them,

you may pay that amount for your excess, so would be cheaper to get new one,

did parents offer anything towards it,

hope you get it sorted soon,
it is annoying when they do this,
i had a fold up ping pong table, they were playing and messing about and leaning on the table to get in the middle and the legs went from under the table, when told both sets of parents one said oh sorry, and the other said did you tell xx mum , i said of course she said good, sorry
that was it, so i didnt replace it and they missed the table for ages.

good luck in what you decide.

rickysmiths
17-12-2010, 12:30 AM
I have an excess of £150 so it wouldn't be worth claiming. I would use the 10% Wear and Tear money to cover this kind of thing.

Penny1959
17-12-2010, 05:50 AM
I do not claim for things like this.

As rickysmiths does - I use the 10% wear and tear - mainly to justify to DH why buying a new whatever - I tell him the 10% wear and tear has to be used or I can't claim it (not true but he doesn't know that) because of course the 10% is on paper and not actual cash in your hand and all he see's is me buying something.

Penny :)

christine e
17-12-2010, 06:54 AM
When you say your childminders insurance I assume you mean your Public Liability insurance, if so, then no because this insurance covers your liability to others. The only way you could claim is under your own house contents insurance and then only if you have extended to cover accidental damage and as others have said your excess will most likely be more than the £80.

Christine