PDA

View Full Version : Student funding how do you work this?

acorns
16-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm going to sign contracts with a parent tomorrow and the place with me is dependent on student finance funding 85%of the cost. Do any of you have experience with this and are you usually paid ok? From what I can make out the money is paid to parents at the start of each term, three times a year. Do parents then pay this in full to us once per term with the tops ups weekly or monthly according to whats agreed with them? many thanks

Louise0208
16-12-2010, 05:52 PM
one of my parents is a student & yes its paid per term. you will need to provide rough estimates per term then at a later date provide exact costs of the previous term

i get paid weekly as she usually use's her tax credits to pay me & goes on a shopping spree with the bulk payment :laughing:

caz3007
16-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I used to do this with one mum, she has now qualified. She used to give me a lump sum for the whole lot owed (regular hours) when she got her grant, so it was out the way, but that was her choice.

angiemog
17-12-2010, 08:30 AM
One of my parents is a student and they pay me weekly......they get 85% of their fees paid aswell. I get paid the same amount every week of the year (minus my hols) they will probably ask you if you need paying in the holidays. I get a form each term to sign and say how much has been paid. x

Penny1959
17-12-2010, 08:43 AM
One of my parents is a student and they pay me weekly......they get 85% of their fees paid aswell. I get paid the same amount every week of the year (minus my hols) they will probably ask you if you need paying in the holidays. I get a form each term to sign and say how much has been paid. x

Me to

Penny :)