PDA

View Full Version : Slimming world - on line - or post

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I cant go to classes they are not close enough for me and I have no one to go with

I need a kick start I am really fed up saying im starting then I do for a day or two then im back to eating what I like

I have not tried slimming world diet for years and years and because so many of you are doing this I thought you could support me

I need all the information though for the diets and what foods I am allowed etc so thought maybe online or post - thats not a problem but unsure which one to go for

These are the options ....

Online ....

who’s looking for a healthy, filling, delicious way to lose weight for good
who loves surfing the net
who can’t get to a warm and friendly Slimming World group

get started with an interactive Food Optimising introduction
tuck into a tailored 7-day starter menu
search 1300 recipes and create your own daily menus
build activity easily into your life with the interactive FIT Log
enter your weight every 7 days and keep on track with your
progress chart, unique motivation and mid-week
e-mail encouragement
extensive library of articles for ideas & inspiration to help you on your journey

PRICE IS £59.95 A SAVING OF £19.95 THIS IS FOR 3 MTHS

Postal option .....

Slimming World’s exclusive bumper member pack. It's packed with everything you need to successfully Food Optimise for your first week… and for life! It includes:

full details of our famous Original and Green choices, including masses of Free Foods, dozens of Healthy Extra choices and pages of Syn values for hundreds of everyday foods
your very own personal progress record
Choose Success – packed motivation and tips galore, and answering your questions about Slimming World and Food Optimising
Body Magic book to help you boost your weight loss and get fit for life!
everything you needs to know about Food Optimising's two new choices: Mix2Max and Success Express.
Free Branded Foods book – listing over 3,100 foods which can be eaten freely when Food Optimising with no weighing or measuring.

A year's subscription to Slimming World magazine (seven issues) plus one complimentary back issue. (link opens in new window)

Four food diary sheets so you can keep a record of what you eat and a weight record sheet to log your progress.
postal membership - UK
Postal membership for members in the UK costs £49.95.

Your postal membership lasts four weeks. During this time you will receive a weekly telephone support call and you'll be able to access LifelineOnline, our free online support service exclusive to our members.

If you’d like to become a member of Slimming World and there’s no group near you, please call our credit card hotline on:
0844 892 0445 (9am – 5pm Monday to Friday). Calls charged at the local rate.

postal membership - overseas
European postal membership is priced £63.00 (inc. P&P) If you're further afield, membership is £74.00 (inc. P&P).

Your postal membership lasts four weeks. During this time you will be able to access LifelineOnline, our free online support service exclusive to our members.*
*Telephone support applies to UK members only.

PRICE IS £74 BUT IT IS ONLY FOR 4 WEEKS

WHICH DO YOU THINK IS THE BETTER OPTION

I KNOW THE ONLINE ONE SEEMS BETTER PRICED BUT WHAT ABOUT IN TERMS OF WHAT I WILL RECIEVE

I AM UNSURE SO CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT MAYBE THEY RECEIVE IN CLASS WHEN THEY GO AND COMPARE THESE TO THAT MAYBE ??

Thanks

Angel xx

Minnie Minx
15-04-2008, 08:17 AM
I personally think both are very expensive.

Why don't you ask the lovely members of this forum to email you some recipes and bit and bobs and have your own little slimming world diet club on here

xxx

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 08:19 AM
I did think of that but sometimes its not enough is it - I want the whole lot so it will last me im going to be on this diet for some time

I know its expensive I did think that but no more than going to classes every week

Also I dont really mind about the cost - Steve is paying haha

Angel xx

polobear1970
15-04-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi Angel,

I just about to start doing the slimming world again, if your looking for a buddy to swap receipes or menus plans and tips with and even maybe a weekly weigh in just let me know could do with the support as well

lisa

Tatia
15-04-2008, 09:19 AM
When you sign up at class, you get the book which explains the diet plus some info about Body Magic (exercise) and the support of your consultant (who you can text or ring all week). It costs £9.95 the first week and £4.95 after that. So you're looking at a long-haul expense of £20 a month. You also can buy the magazine at 1.25 when it comes out. I recommend getting the magazine no matter what. It's filled with recipes and success stories.

Hmmm. I've used the online service (free when you're a member) but it might not be the same as what you get when you sign up for online help. If it is the same (I'll ask tonight at class) then it's okay so long as you can keep yourslf motivated. It's helpful but not necassary, if you know what I mean.

It's a shame there are no classes near you. I was spoilt for choice.

Is there a number you can call? Because although I can see why it costs £49.95 maybe to sign up to the postal option, can't see why it continues to cost that much when you'll recieve all the paperwork the first month. Will the price go down after that?

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 09:25 AM
Lisa are you doing it on line or going to classes ?

Tatia I have no idea about the price going down ? I thought that it might be the same every 4 weeks for the postal one but it seems expensive I thought

I think the online one might sound better

I am not bothered about not going to class I just want to try the diet really and thought If I could use their services for the 3mths it might just give me the kick start I need - rather than just doing my own diet

I know its expensive but I also know I will not want to waste the money so therefore im more likely to stick with it

I will be ok once I get started - I just need that extra kick

Angel xx

Tatia
15-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Try looking online or in the latest magazine because they always post a week's menu, complete with shopping list. You could try following that for a week as it's a no-brainer, just eat what they tell you to eat.

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 09:31 AM
Yes they do have a free week one on line

I might give that a go first see how it goes - but if its a set menu I wont do it

I like to have my own menu with the food I am allowed

Would you see if you can find out anything at your club if you dont mind?

xxx

Tatia
15-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Course I will, no problem.

polobear1970
15-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Angel,

not going to class or online, trying to do by myself

It's ok going to class, but one is the cost and two is the time, seems a waste of money if you don't stay to class as i can weigh myself at home.

lisa

Banana
15-04-2008, 01:28 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2008-SLIMMING-WORLD-STARTER-PACK_W0QQitemZ280218065328QQihZ018QQcategoryZ36460 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SLIMMING-WORLD-FOOD-OPTIMISING-DIET-BOOKS-2008_W0QQitemZ130212204002QQihZ003QQcategoryZ274QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Angel - watch these in your ebay and bid on them chickadee.

I am PM ing you now

xx

Tatia
15-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh wait, no, no! Don't bid. I have an extra book from last year. D'OH! I had forgotten all about it til I saw Lana's post above. I'm not sure how much has changed (not much really but the lay out and a few syn values have gone up by 1/2 or 1 but it would still help you get your head around original and green days. Angel, PM me with your address if you would like me to send it to you. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the idea and the links Lana great idea then I had a message from Tatia

Thank you so much that is great I have replied

Another member - Kirsty ( thank you ) has also sent me lots of files about the green days and orginal days to back up the books so the book is going to come in handy

I am not going to join them now I think im going to have almost everything that I need so I will use those and ask you guys if I get stuck

Thanks everyone

Angel xxx

Lou
15-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Just want to wish you good luck with it Angel.

I cant help im afraid as i do weight watchers, and i have to go to the class as its the pressure of getting on the scales in front of someone that works for me but everyone is different x

jaja
15-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi

I have done both weight watchers and slimming world, i think slimming is better cause you dont have to count! i dont think that i could do it on line or postal, it seems very expensive however if you carnt get there you dont have much choice, (unless we all get together on here and support each other! worth thinking about, i would like it!!:) ) anyway good luck and if you need any tips for meals or syn values just post and i will try and find out, good luck,

jen:littleangel:

Banana
15-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Cool!!

Thats great Tatia!! There you go Angel!! You lucky thing!!

The books dont change that much anyway, so thats great!

x

angeldelight
15-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Yes I am very lucky Lana

Some of the girls have been so helpful and sent me things so its saved me heaps of money so im really happy

I cant wait to start now

Angel xxx

nell57
16-04-2008, 03:48 PM
Good luck Angel, have you already started with the program.

I've just finished my first week and found it a little confusing and struggled for the first 4 days but persevered, now I'm well into it.

Hope you go on ok

Helen

angeldelight
16-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks to Kirsty for the information you sent me

Angel xx

cloud9
17-04-2008, 11:42 AM
I would recommend slimming world highly. i go to class and have lost 3 stone now but i find the thought of the actual weigh in itself makes me try harder so i dont know what it would be like by post or online.
But saying that i only go and get weighed i dont usually stay for the class