PDA

View Full Version : 1ST Phone call - What Should I Charge ?

befanina
15-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Just had a call asking me to pick a child up at 3pm and mind until 5:15 (tbc) 3 times per week. Do I start charging from the minute I leave the house i.e. 2:45 and what should the rate be ? I live in North Ayrshire. Thanks to all

Goatgirl
15-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi :),
Do you have an idea of what nearby childminders would charge?
I would charge 3 till 5.30 as I charge in minimum blocks of 30 minutes. Some people charge in full hours or sessions - when would you be happy to work 'till?
Have a think about what you would be happy to do it for, what you'll include in that price, what the competition might be charging etc ....

Hope you get the job at the right price :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

Goatgirl
15-12-2010, 10:25 PM
also, as its only 3 nights a week, you might want to consider having a minimum number of hours' charge. If the child is under 8 he'll be using a space for the whole week and presumably it'll be impossible to fill the other 2 days...
good luck :)

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 02:52 PM
Did the parent call you back

Hope you got the job ?

Angel xx

befanina
24-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Hi Everyone,
Very quiet and no mindees yet as the 1st enquiry came to nothing!
Advice needed on what to charge for school holiday request. Girl 8 yrs old 9am - 3pm, (30hrs per week) should i charge the same as out of school club which is £17 per day (closing down due lack of funds).
Thanks and sooooo nice to see some sun xxx

Goatgirl
24-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Hi Everyone,
Very quiet and no mindees yet as the 1st enquiry came to nothing!
Advice needed on what to charge for school holiday request. Girl 8 yrs old 9am - 3pm, (30hrs per week) should i charge the same as out of school club which is £17 per day (closing down due lack of funds).
Thanks and sooooo nice to see some sun xxx

Hi :),
Sorry the first enquiry didn't come to anything :(

My hourly rate is £3.75 and I'd be happy to do a 6 hour day in the holidays :), especially if it was early days, so I'd normally charge £22.50 but maybe meet mum in the middle and charge £20 a day...

What are other childminders in your area charging?

befanina
24-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi, The rate is £3.50 which seems very low. I would be happy with £20 and will make a few more enquiries before I phone them back tomorrow, thanks for your help, always nice to get help from someone with experience x