PDA

View Full Version : Good news after losing family of 5

solly
15-12-2010, 05:16 PM
:) I didn't want to say anything to soon incase things did not happen.

I spoke to my cleaner last Thursday and said if she hears of anyone wanting childcare could she pass on my number, so she she said a friend of hers is looking but she didnt say anything to me as she thought I was full.

Well whilst doing my cleaning she rang her friend who was still looking she has a girl of 8 and an 18wk old little boy. She is looking to go back either 3 or 4 days a week 8am -6pm:) from February ( the 5 children leave me at the end of January.
She passed my number to her and she said she will give me a ring, anyhow on friday i was on the bus with Lo and she was on the bus also, (i sort of know her but only just saying hi if we ever pass)
As we got off the bus we started chatting and asked what i charged etc and said she would ring me after xmas to arrange to come and see me.

Well fast forward to Monday eve just gone and I was in the pub with my DH and she walked in and began chatting and said even though she hasn't been round she would like the space for her two children and is coming to sign the paperwork on the Thursday they go back after xmas.

I have now got a 6 month old little girl starting on the 5th Jan who is doing shift work until April then is doing a desk job (is a police officer) so will be doing 5 days a week and then a 6month old little boy 3 or 4 days a week from beginning of Feb

I have checked with Ofsted as my certificate says i can have no more than 5 children under 8, not more than 3 can be in the early years age group of these not more than 2 may be under 2 at anyone time. possibly 2 days a week depending on police officers shifts i will have a 2yr old, a 7 month old and a 6 month old.

Will have my hands full but I prefer to be busy:clapping:

Goatgirl
15-12-2010, 05:26 PM
So glad things have turned around for you :)

sarah707
15-12-2010, 05:37 PM
absolutely brilliant news! :clapping:

Beetlejuice
15-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm so pleased things have worked out for you hon. See you in the morning xxx

babs
15-12-2010, 07:50 PM
great news for you..... least you can have a relaxing xmas without worry...

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Well done

Great news :clapping:

Angel xx

Mouse
17-12-2010, 03:39 PM
That's great news :clapping:

Monkey1
17-12-2010, 04:34 PM
That is brilliant news well done x

Zoomie
17-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Brilliant news :D

michellethegooner
17-12-2010, 07:01 PM
brill news :thumbsup: just goes to show we never know what is around the corner, at least u can have a relaxing xmas now

Penny1959
17-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Pleased to hear things have picked up. Enjoy Christmas and recharge batteries ready for new year.

Penny:)

miffy
18-12-2010, 08:46 PM
That's really good news, pleased things have turned round so quickly for you!

Miffy xx

Cazz
19-12-2010, 01:14 AM
That's excellant news - well done :clapping:

Just wondered though - are you allowed to have 2 under 1's or have you got a variation?

My registration says no more than three under 5's at any one time and of these no more than one can be under 1 - I thought that was the standard?

jelly15
19-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Fantastic news glad it is all sorted before Christmas.

solly
19-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Cazz i don't have a variation but as i said in the post i have checked with Ofsted as my certificate reads:

May care for no more than 5 children under 8 years; of these, not more than 3 may be in the early years age group, and of these, not more than 2 may be under 2 years at any one time (Early Years Register, compulsory part of the Childcare Register)

I have spoken to a few people and they said it is strange that I have this written I have rang Ofsted and the women on the phone has said if thats what my certificate states then that is what i am allowed to have :clapping:

I spoke to mum on Friday and she definately now wants 4 days and would like the 5th day when it becomes available. If this does not become available then after i have had LO for a few months i will apply to ofsted for a variation on the grounds of continuity of care:)

The Juggler
20-12-2010, 01:46 PM
that is fab news honey:clapping: :clapping: christmas good cheer all round:) :)