15-12-2010, 04:11 PM
On 5 January, I will have six children to walk to school:

DS (8)
Mindee H (7)
Mindee L (6)
Mindee S (4)
Mindee C (4)
DD (3)

It's not a long walk to school and crossing just one road, but the one thing that I am worried about if it gets really icy. When it just snowed this time round, the three older boys (one boy (8) is going to another school so won't have to take him as he's coming to me via minibus) walked on their own (just ahead of me), and I held hands with Mindee S and my DD.

how on earth am I going to show how I manage three three year olds walking in ice?

Any advice most welcomed

christine e
15-12-2010, 04:44 PM
You may not be able to and that should be part of your RA if you think it too dangerous then state that you won't take the risk, or you could go in later when not so slippy!

Cx

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Sounds like you could do with Santas sledge

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

miffy
18-12-2010, 08:50 PM
You may not be able to and that should be part of your RA if you think it too dangerous then state that you won't take the risk, or you could go in later when not so slippy!

Cx

I agree with Christine - you have to consider that it might be too dangerous for you to do the school run.

If it is very icy I don't hold the children's hands - I am more worried about me falling and pulling them over. I just have them walking at the side of me as far away from the road side as possible.

Miffy xx

christine e
19-12-2010, 09:24 AM
I agree with Christine - you have to consider that it might be too dangerous for you to do the school run.

If it is very icy I don't hold the children's hands - I am more worried about me falling and pulling them over. I just have them walking at the side of me as far away from the road side as possible.

Miffy xx

Saw a childminder last winter walking in the ice holding hands with children, one slipped and fell over and pulled her over and she fell on him! If I do walk when it's icy I look for what I consider to be the safest bit of the footpath eg where the sun is shining on it, the inside edge sometimes seems to have thinner ice or sometimes the middle where it is more worn, obviously I remind children to walk and not run, take hands out of pockets so if they do fall they can use their hands to break their fall.

Cx