PDA

View Full Version : Q-CARDS

Louise0208
15-12-2010, 04:10 PM
is this just a Leicester city council thing? or do other councils provide them for there CM's?

if any leicester CMs out there.....do ofsted realy look at them like my DO said they would?

(rough description; 2 boxes of (what feels like) a million self reflection & assesment cards to grade yourself on your practice & to work out how to improve.
Tasks to work through to 'improve yourself'.....& yet more evedence needed to support your records)

sarah707
15-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I've not heard of them round here.

They sound a bit ott :(

rickysmiths
15-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Never heard of them. Sounds like a box that would dissappear into the back of a deep cupbaord :rolleyes:

Louise0208
15-12-2010, 07:12 PM
was thinking that myself.....i was given them at my start-up session but DO has just emailed to see i iv started using them & she wants to 'pop by' after christmas to see i im doing it correctly! :rolleyes:

i spend longer doing paper work than actually interacting with the children :angry:

Playmate
15-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Never heard of them. Sounds like a box that would dissappear into the back of a deep cupbaord :rolleyes:

locked very deep cupboard!!! sorry not very helpful :laughing:

flowerpots
15-12-2010, 08:02 PM
just tell her you had the box out working through them and lo puked in it, you couldnt save them! :eek:

JCrakers
16-12-2010, 01:21 PM
Im Leics based and Ive never heard of them....If I do come across them I will probably make out I haven't..:D
Cant be doing with more stuff...:angry:

Becky x

maryp0ppins
16-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm leicester based too & not heard anything about these cards & I hope it stays that way too :eek: :blush: :D

Louise0208
16-12-2010, 03:43 PM
:idea: i could come round & show you :jump for joy:

must be a newbie thing...... there pretty colours so the kids can cut them up for messy play :D

Penny1959
16-12-2010, 05:00 PM
I have seen them - in the office when I was a DO for Worcestershire childminding team.

They are one of the many self reflection / evaluation methods about. I don't think Ofsted would look at actual cards BUT if any of the ideas that came from YOU looking at the cards were implemented by you - then that would come under your reflection praction and professional development.

In other words what I am trying to say is - it does not matter where you get your ideas from or what scheme / method you use - it is what you do with info that maters.

BUT if your LA is giving them out they may be going to start using them as part of their RAG / quality improvement assessment.

In Worcestershire they went for ECCERS in the end.

Penny :)