PDA

View Full Version : I am closed...but have i over reacted? need your thoughts

WibbleWobble
15-12-2010, 02:44 PM
DD Katie has D&V...started this morning whilst i was at toddlers. Katie is 18 but has type 1 diabetes and autism. She is in bed crying and being sick poor lamb.

I have told all parents i am now closed (most have managed to sort out pick up from school...one little chap is still having to come as mum is stuck in manchester...i am happy to have him) i wont be open tomorrow (dont work fridays)

Katie needs lots of TLC...need to keep good eye on her blood sugars to ensure she doesnt go into coma.

All parents have been great (katie is a popular girl)

have i been a little hasty or should i close as there is D&V in the house?

mandy xxx

pinkbutterfly
15-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I would have done exactly the same. Hope she gets better soon. x

Louise0208
15-12-2010, 02:53 PM
you cant give your time to LO's so you did the right thing :) besides, im sure the parents dont want D+V going through there house over christmas

hope shes better soon :thumbsup:

Penny1959
15-12-2010, 03:05 PM
You did the right thing.

Katie needs your atention and support and therefore you would not be able to look after mindees and would have been trying to be in two places at once - and the risk of passing on D&V (due to support Katie needs and so numberous visits to her room) would have been high.

Hope Katie recovers soon - as a diabetic I know all about the risks of D&V - and it can be pretty scarry.

Penny :)

Twinkles
15-12-2010, 03:09 PM
Yes I agree you did the right thing.

Quite apart from the fact that Katie needs you. The parents should be grateful that you are being considerate enough to not want their children to catch the bug.

Hope she feels better soon.

For Katie ;

http://i.mnpls.com/240/24099.jpg (http://www.mnpls.com/get-well-24099.html)

kindredspirits
15-12-2010, 03:54 PM
of course you haven't over reacted - hope Katie feels better soon - you are being a good parent by closing because your DD needs your attention.

VINASOL
15-12-2010, 04:04 PM
You definitely did the right thing...hope Katie feels better very soon xx

jane5
15-12-2010, 04:26 PM
Katie comes first without a doubt:thumbsup:

FussyElmo
15-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Only one answer and thats no.

mamasheshe
15-12-2010, 05:03 PM
your doing the right thing:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Mykidsrock
15-12-2010, 06:18 PM
Your priority must be to your own child who needs you at present. You have without a doubt done the right thing and I would do the same if the same happened in my house.
I hope your daughter feels better soon.
Jess xx

WibbleWobble
15-12-2010, 07:04 PM
thank you all for your lovely replies.

katie hasnt been sick for a while and i am keeping her blood sugars at around 6. I will have to get up in the night to check them. She has a raging temperature of 39.7 even after stripping her, giving her calpol and fan therapy......

......i think i am in for a long night:(

mandy xxxx

Playmate
15-12-2010, 07:31 PM
Bless her, hugs to you all xxxxxxx

Beetlejuice
15-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Another one here who would have done exactly the same thing. Poor you :( Hope Katie feels better soon.

babs
15-12-2010, 07:53 PM
hope katie gets well soon hun.. and yes you have done the right thing ....

nadinescott
17-12-2010, 02:59 PM
Hi,
i have done the same thing this week. My children- 7 and 5 came down with flu last weekend. I have always carried on minding before if mine were ill and just got through it but this time it just wasn't possible i couldn't take them out of the house.

On Monday i canceled everyone and all were really helpful and happy to look after their own children- except one family who have spent all week making me feel really bad!
I've had a week of coughs, d and v, temperatures of 40.8 and hardly any sleep but gladly they are on the mend a little now.

I am also very happy that i stuck to my principles, put my own children first for a change and most of all not spread flu to numerous families! :)

Hope all is well with Katie and she's feeling better soon :)

angeldelight
17-12-2010, 03:05 PM
How is Katie?

Hope she is feeling lots better today

Angel xx