PDA

View Full Version : My mindee who's not meant to have a sleep is asleep....

venus89
15-12-2010, 01:40 PM
.... and I'm going to leave her for half an hour, bless her. She's done her nativity play today, woke up in the night, and had father christmas come round to nursery. So I think a 30 minute power nap will do no harm (and lots of dancing later!).

grindal
15-12-2010, 01:44 PM
I look after a little girl on a Monday whos parents insist she can only sleep for an hour in the day cos otherwise she wakes up too early for them the next day. I wake her after an hour and she is still so tired and grumpy!

Let them sleep I say!

venus89
15-12-2010, 01:47 PM
I look after a little girl on a Monday whos parents insist she can only sleep for an hour in the day cos otherwise she wakes up too early for them the next day. I wake her after an hour and she is still so tired and grumpy!

Let them sleep I say!

I agree. I think it's sometimes the parents wanting an evening - they want the kids really tired so they can put them in bed and have a glass of wine....

JCrakers
15-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Yes...I always say if a child falls to sleep who doesnt usually or parents say dont let them sleep obvioulsy needs it...

I had a 3.5yr old last week who doesnt usually have a sleep but after a big walk he asked for bed so I put him with a pillow and he slept for nearly 2hrs..obviously needed it after all the fresh air

Becky x

venus89
15-12-2010, 01:57 PM
:D bless. Obviously did!

This one came in white and tired from her nativity so we settled down to watch her favourite tv programme after lunch and she got herself a blanket and a cuddly reindeer, the cat curled up on top of her, and now they're both asleep (cat and child....)

Alibali
15-12-2010, 02:32 PM
Bless, my own ds always had a power nap in the afternoon until he started school, and it never affected his night time sleep.
In fact I find that children who are well rested during the day axctually sleep better at night, not that all my parents would agree with me!

grindal
15-12-2010, 02:37 PM
DS1 started reception in Sept and still sleeps for half an hour or so when he gets home. He is a much nicer little boy if he gets his power nap in!

Rain or Shine
15-12-2010, 05:17 PM
I wish that was my problem, My dd just wont sleep lol

Daftbat
16-12-2010, 11:33 AM
Stopping a child from sleeping who obviously is tired is wrong and I refuse to do it. I will not make my life harder just to make a parents life easier!

angeldelight
16-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Stopping a child from sleeping who obviously is tired is wrong and I refuse to do it. I will not make my life harder just to make a parents life easier!

I agree

Glad you let her have a nap and I bet it did her the world of good

Angel xx

ORKSIE
16-12-2010, 11:53 AM

Totally 100% agree.:thumbsup:

sunflower
16-12-2010, 11:54 AM
I have parents who dont like their daughter sleeping at all during the day, I have her from 8am till 4.30pm day, shes just over 2yrs and on the go all the time. I do sit her on the settee in front of the telly for an hour, so i can recharge my batteries :laughing:

The other day mum rang me for something and said wee one was asleep at 5pm for an hour.....tell me why is it ok for them to sleep her and not me :angry:

venus89
16-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I have parents who dont like their daughter sleeping at all during the day, I have her from 8am till 4.30pm day, shes just over 2yrs and on the go all the time. I do sit her on the settee in front of the telly for an hour, so i can recharge my batteries :laughing:

The other day mum rang me for something and said wee one was asleep at 5pm for an hour.....tell me why is it ok for them to sleep her and not me :angry:

:rolleyes: who knows? Because they're paying us? Today is the only day I get a break, the only day I have two who are allowed to sleep so I get a bit of me time after lunch. I work 8-6.30 5 days a week and do 7 hours on the Sunday and it can be a long old time without just a bit of time for me.

I told Mum LO had had a sleep and she said 'I wondered if she would' and was fine with it :clapping:

sunflower
16-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Parents dont want their daughter to sleep during the day... because she wont go to bed and then she doesnt sleep through the night...or so they say.
I think to be honest there is no bed time routine and kiddies like routine
bath and a bedtime story with a cuddle, awww :D

mufftie
16-12-2010, 01:49 PM
i agree especially if she's had a special day at nursery , what harm can 1/2 an hour do

juejue
16-12-2010, 04:41 PM
I have a 2 1/2 mindee who comes at 7.30 till 5.30 and dad tells me not to let her have a nap. she must be up before 7 every morning bless her. But mum says it ok for her to sleep.....so who do i listen to ?

jelly15
16-12-2010, 04:52 PM
I have one set of parents who rather their LO has a two hour nap after lunch so that they get to see more of her in the evening, they are the only ones though.

caz3007
16-12-2010, 04:55 PM

Surely it would be better for her to have a little nap in the early afternoon, than at 5pm and then she is unlikely to settle for the night at a reasonable time

SammyM
16-12-2010, 05:23 PM
My mindee who is only allowed cold tap water to drink is enjoying a nice warm beaker of camomile tea with a drop of honey to taste!!

Was sooo cold coming back from school in the snow, while everyone else was having warm Blackcurrant there was NO WAY i was giving him cold water.

Lets see what mom says, not as if he's having a red bull!!!!

Tups
16-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Stopping a child from sleeping who obviously is tired is wrong and I refuse to do it. I will not make my life harder just to make a parents life easier! I Refuse as well If they didn't need it they wouldn't do it

sweets
16-12-2010, 07:27 PM
My mindee who is only allowed cold tap water to drink is enjoying a nice warm beaker of camomile tea with a drop of honey to taste!!

Was sooo cold coming back from school in the snow, while everyone else was having warm Blackcurrant there was NO WAY i was giving him cold water.

Lets see what mom says, not as if he's having a red bull!!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: good for you! lol

ChocolateChip
16-12-2010, 07:40 PM
Parents dont want their daughter to sleep during the day... because she wont go to bed and then she doesnt sleep through the night...or so they say.
I think to be honest there is no bed time routine and kiddies like routine
bath and a bedtime story with a cuddle, awww :D

I've had a couple like this, the parents kept wanting to cut back nap times as the child was playing up at bedtime, then they turn round and tell me 'oh, he was screaming til half eleven last night, and I'd had enough so I just let him in my bed!' :rolleyes:

Funnily enough all 3 of mine would sleep for 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon and still go to bed and sleep through the night no problem.

miffy
16-12-2010, 10:07 PM
.... and I'm going to leave her for half an hour, bless her. She's done her nativity play today, woke up in the night, and had father christmas come round to nursery. So I think a 30 minute power nap will do no harm (and lots of dancing later!).

No harm at all.

Much better than having a grumpy child to deal with later when you're busy trying to get everyone's tea ready!

Miffy xx