PDA

View Full Version : WHAT BIT OF YOUR JOB DO YOU DO BUT DISLIKE?

angeldelight
15-12-2010, 07:40 AM
Forget about parents that arrive late / pay late

Apart from that - what part of your job do you do but you dislike?

I am excited because I have no school runs for 3 weeks now :clapping: :clapping:

I hate them but do them - part of my job but oh how they disrupt my day - time watching all the time , then when we are all nice and comfortable and its raining or cold or snowing we have to get wrapped up warm for a 20 min run to the school.

If we go to the park etc we never moan - I think its because we can do that in our own time

But school / nursery runs I hate them

What about you ?

Angel xx

brightstar
15-12-2010, 07:44 AM
wiping 3 year olds bums (especially boys) :blush:

ORKSIE
15-12-2010, 07:53 AM
I love every part of my job.....even school runs, but i really Dislike the paperwork. There is far too much and I cant keep up:( It actually makes me feel sick sometimes.

xx

angeldelight
15-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I love every part of my job.....even school runs, but i really Dislike the paperwork. There is far too much and I cant keep up:( It actually makes me feel sick sometimes.

xx

I will do your paperwork if you do my school runs :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

sweets
15-12-2010, 07:56 AM
its paperwork for me too, especially accounts! i dont mind doing the childrens learning journeys tho its the rest thats pointless!

kats
15-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I think my worst thing is pushing the double buggy in rain and snow, it hurts my back and arms, i love the 1 day a week that i have the single buggy!! :)

kel1983
15-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I agree with you angeldelight. I have a school pick up most days. I have a little one Mon-Wed and have to arrange with her mum to collect her from me in town Because I would never make it home in time for her to be picked up.

On Thursday and Fridays I dont have any children in the day but still have to pick up from school at 3.30. When you have done not a lot all day its hard to drag myself out of the house. But as you say it is part of the job. I too am looking forward to the 3 weeks without having to run cross town.

birch24
15-12-2010, 07:58 AM
School runs too, I would have much more time for paperwork if I didn't do school runs!!! :laughing:

kindredspirits
15-12-2010, 08:12 AM
i dislike school runs so much that I don't take on after schoolers.
Apart from that I dislike snot, poo and dribble..... but i deal with it fairly well! :laughing:

sonia ann
15-12-2010, 08:13 AM
I love my job, :) I love the kids ,:) I have no problem with poo and vomit :D I actually quite enjoy the book keeping aspect of the job:) I don't even really mind the "formal" paperwork as once it's done that's it :) but..........................it's the elj's...:panic: ..it's so easy to get behind and I am always playing catch up :(

Roseolivia
15-12-2010, 09:17 AM
I dislike all the pointless paperwork you have to do. I try to do the minimum but still hate it. Don't mind school runs as long as i don't have to get in the car for it.

Pixie dust
15-12-2010, 09:30 AM
I love my job but I hate the fact that in the evenings and week-ends I can't claim my house back as mindee stuff is everywhere. Just not enough room it's so bad hubby is planning to build an extension so I can have a playroom so he can claim the lounge back. ;)

Ripeberry
15-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I don't mind the school runs as I have to do them anyway due to my own kids needing to be picked up!
I don't like the paperwork, especially the LJs when I get behind and also children who are very tired but fight going to sleep and I end up having to go for a drive JUST to get them to sleep!
Wastes my petrol :mad:

JCrakers
15-12-2010, 10:29 AM
One word sums it up...

PAPERWORK...I hate it, i hate it, I hate it. It will probably be the sole reason if I ever give up Childminding..filling out forms for everything, eyfs up to 5yrs+ even when they are at school is ridicilous...forms for plasters, suncream, observations, learning journals, doing my own tax, planning...need I go on...:angry:
Nurseries have more hands than a sole childminder and have just as much paperwork.

Oh and having to repeat myself about 20,000 a day... :laughing:
Love everything else...:D

Becky x

Tinglesnark
15-12-2010, 10:52 AM
The paperwork freaks me out - I hate planning and RAs with a passion because we're very spur of the moment people - I can't do accounts at all ... I get so stressed and panicky over it all!
I think someone should start up a paperwork business where you tellthem what you need ie planning for such and such (obv no children named) RAs for such and such etc - I'd deffo pay someone to do all of that!

Louise0208
15-12-2010, 11:01 AM
paperwork! accounts are easy as i do them each week but the LJ's/EYFS often keep me awake at night!

and....

constantly explaining to my 6yr old mindee that whats acceptable in his house is not always acceptable in mine! (iv been looking after him for 18 months but he still thinks he can boss everyone around, help himself to food, answer back, leave dinner then ask for goodies etc) :rolleyes:

Penny1959
15-12-2010, 11:03 AM
I love my job and I am passionate about it - even like paperwork that is related to children.

Not keen on accounts

But
I HATE storage in my house - toys either in small bedroom or loft - so every morning and every evening HAVE to carry boxes of toys up and down stairs. I do have a small playroom but very limited space - if stored more than the few toys that are part of continuous provission - would be no room to play and look dreadful.

Penny :)

shelly2012
15-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Snot Snot and more snot it runs everywhere, kids love it eat wipe it on the sleeve yuk yuk :panic:

sweets
15-12-2010, 12:13 PM
after being in all morn with 3 mindees i have to say snot too!

i have wiped noses that any times this morn that i have ran out of tissues and have now brought a loo roll down as an emergency! lol

actually its working out better than using boxes and boxes of tissues, so it will be cheap loo roll for mindees from now on. :laughing:

phoebe-alice
15-12-2010, 12:17 PM
The words 'Phee Phee I've done a poo in my pants' they ring in my ears! :panic:
And paperwork, especially when I get behind!
Otherwise I love the job, lovely kids and lots of fun.

Carol M
15-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Having to wash my hands that many times during the day that they are sore and not yet finding a cream that helps!
Carol:(

caz3007
15-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Mine is the fact that if I didnt do this job, I would have a darn sight less toys in my house as my DS is now 8 and although three of us live in reasonable size 3 bedroom house, the toys are taking over :laughing:

ORKSIE
15-12-2010, 12:50 PM
I will do your paperwork if you do my school runs :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Thats a good plan.....I will post my paperwork to you Angel:thumbsup:

Not quite sure how im gonna hold up my end of the bargain tho :laughing: :laughing:

xx

Trouble
15-12-2010, 01:08 PM
parents:D :D :D :D

cherry
15-12-2010, 01:18 PM
I love my job, snot, dirty nappies and toys everywhere doesn't bother me but the one thing that makes me want to give up childminding is the paperwork.

I've done this job for 14 years and it's the EYFS that gets me down.

I know why we do it but why so much paperwork?

The Juggler
15-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Having to wash my hands that many times during the day that they are sore and not yet finding a cream that helps!
Carol:(

me too! also nappies and cleaning up glitter:panic:

charleyfarley
15-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Getting up early just for child not to turn up :angry:

PAPERWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will catch up on it all over Christmas :rolleyes: Giving up my weekends for paperwork too!!

Parents that constantly change their minds from day to day and stupid Me puts up with it!!!

Oh and when a parent hides the fact their child is ill but only mentions it after you've told them lo has been coughing all day!!!!

January though I am going to get tougher :D

Carol xx

funemnx
15-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Apart from the paperwork, the only other thing I really don't like is cooking an evening meal, knowing that at least 1 child will say 'I don't like this' grrrrrr!!!!!

venus89
15-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I don't mind most of the paperwork but some of it is just me paying lip service for Mrs O and not because I believe in it at all. My current bugbear is having to document feedback from children. As far as I'm concerned it's easy to tell if they like an activity or not, I don't have to get them to point to smiley faces to find out.....

Hebs
15-12-2010, 02:36 PM
The only thing i REALLY hate is starting work at 7am in the winter when i just want to stay in bed :-)

MissTinkerbell
15-12-2010, 02:54 PM
The preschool pick up....because it restricts where we go and what we do.

The sulkiness of M because I won't let her sit and watch CBeebies or a film every afternoon.

Cooking the evening meal and having M say 'I don't like that' to everything that isn't pasta.

...but apart from that....nothing else.

snufflepuff
15-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Paperwork! Don't mind accounts, it's the rest that gets on my nerves. Especially pointless stuff. I hate that i'm really behind with the LJs so will need to find time over christmas to do them....when really I should just be relaxing!
Also hate that as soon as my son falls alseep mindee wakes up and screams, so he ends up wide awake then crashes late afternoon, resulting in stupidly late bedtimes.
Parents who don't tell you LO has had D&/or V until pick up when it's obviously too late!

HomefromHome
15-12-2010, 03:59 PM
having to be nice and pleasant and professional to people that you would ordinarily not share air with! :eek: :D :littleangel: :D

lauredt
15-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Spending my evenings and weekends:mad: tidiying up, wiping, cleaning, disinfecting, hoovering, mopping, and cooking in baches when I would rather be curled up on the sofa with the cat, a book and a gigantic Toblerone.
How I miss my pre-CM days when people were allowed to comment on the amount of dust in my house but not write in it! :laughing:

Winnie
15-12-2010, 05:25 PM
• 3 yearly inspections :(if I had my way they would be yearly. Its just not fair if you have a bad inspection, for whatever reason, the grade is there for 3 years which is a long time. I get really worked up about inspections because I’m not good at talking the talk-especially when I nervous and knowing a disappointing grade could be there for all to see for that length of time just makes me worse….my hands are sweating just thinking about it:panic:
• Runny noses- and having to wipe them :(
• Sore hands from washing them so much- worse when lo’s have colds and runny noses

OrlandoBelle
15-12-2010, 05:56 PM
All of it at the moment :-( I hate the way parents take advantage of me, the endless amounts of paperwork that i'm so far behind on, the endless amount of pooey nappies, parents sending their children when they're ill which makes my daughter ill, causing me to close and lose money.... shall i go on?

I love my mindees though and wouldn't be happy doing anything else :)

mamasheshe
15-12-2010, 06:16 PM
doing school pick ups in the rain

7am starts and sometimes late finishes

snot poo anything else that may fall into yuck category

shelly2012
15-12-2010, 06:48 PM
:censored: :censored: Risk Assessements .....

SYLVIA
15-12-2010, 07:53 PM
When your mindees reach school age and they all go to different schools and you have to do at least 2 school runs in the car dragging 2 lo's with you that are too small to walk, which means up and down with a buggy.Or chose one and tell the rest you cant help And then one parent thinks she's more important than the rest! Apart from that parents coming home late especially on a friday!:angry:

babs
15-12-2010, 08:41 PM
i love every part of my job even paper work , and can put up with snot and poo, but i dont like children been sick or sick its self as most of the time if they are sick i throw up too :laughing: dont know why...

Lady Haha
15-12-2010, 10:42 PM
I tried so hard to think of something other than paperwork, but I couldn't! I love every other part of the job! I only have schoolies, and love school runs (especially the morning one;) )

I agree, why oh why all the pointless paperwork???? I like doing my accounts and do them weekly, but every thing else just plays on the mind constantly!!

coffee-time
15-12-2010, 10:50 PM
The paperwork freaks me out - I hate planning and RAs with a passion because we're very spur of the moment people - I can't do accounts at all ... I get so stressed and panicky over it all!
I think someone should start up a paperwork business where you tellthem what you need ie planning for such and such (obv no children named) RAs for such and such etc - I'd deffo pay someone to do all of that!

i agree, i hate the paperwork side of it, so much so ive hardly done any observations yet got loads of pictures but just not put any words with them!!
its on my to do list!!

magicminding
18-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I don't mind the paperwork - do it with a glass of wine (once the children have gone home of course!:laughing: ) not so bad then :o
I'd love to be paid to do other peoples paerwork lol! :rolleyes:

For me it's snot and ultra smelly poo, but the bit I hate most is being taken so for granted, e.g I make sure all my LOs make cards for mummy's and daddy's birthdays (nanny's too quite often)- and think it would be nice if I had the same returned? :(

miffy
18-12-2010, 08:25 PM
Wiping snotty noses!

Miffy xx

Mollymop
18-12-2010, 10:21 PM
the part of my job I dislike is the parents!

Chimps Childminding
18-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Mine is paperwork - never seem to manage to stay on top of it - so I will also be spending some of my Christmas break doing learning journals/obs/planning. Parents aren't particularly interested apart from the photos so most of the paperwork is purely to please Ofsted. Also get worked up about Ofsted Inspections as Winnie said I am also not very good at talking the talk :blush:

Hate having my house turned into a Nursery. Try and take as much down/put away as possible at the weekends, but then have to rush about on a sunday night putting it all back again :panic:

Marshmallow
19-12-2010, 06:03 PM
:angry: Invoicing !!!!!!!:censored:

samb
19-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I do my job but wish I did it somewhere else! As in it would be much easier if we moved house. We live in an upstairs flat and so I am forever up and down the ladder to the loft with things like buggies cos I have no where to put them. If I was in a house I could perhaps have a shed or possibly somewhere else to put things and also have a garden of my own for the children. Ah well, can't have it all! PS I actually like paperwork!:o

Helcatt
19-12-2010, 10:00 PM
I do not like the way that the job has taken over a whole floor of the house. The hall, the dining room and kitchen - oh and the garden. All set up for little ones, feels like I live in a nursery sometimes, and can't really escape it.

I have to say, it is paperwork that is my big bugbear

Esp R/As - when they are repeating the same thing over an over but you ahve to have separate ones. When I do the accounts, I'm fine, its just kicking myself up the bum and doing it. Same with the LJs, I think I am finally getting my head round them but it all feels so daunting and I hate the way I have ended up questioning myself so much - in terms of whether I am any good at this job or not

Hx

Bitsy Beans
20-12-2010, 10:28 AM
I can cope with snot, sick, poo, wee and anything else.

What I loathe is the paperwork. Stupid, pointless paperwork that's done for Ofsted and not for the benefit of myself and the kids. I spend each day thinking "how can I prove this, that and the other to Ofsted" and I hate it. It's NOT what I got into this job for and if circumstances were different I am not sure I'd stick with the job :o

mufftie
20-12-2010, 11:49 AM
i dont mind the school run much but the nursery run at 11:15 ruins my day as i cant get settled at a toddler group or really do anyting .

the paper work really gets on my nerves as when i started there wasnt any of the diaries , plans , observations etc , just what you needed signed for insurance etc

but what really gets on my tits is that most people dont see it as a real job , they think that im just sat at home playing with a few babies . also the isolation of it id love to go out to work and have work colleagues etc , but they just cant pay me enough

Minstrel
01-01-2011, 08:13 PM
:angry: Invoicing !!!!!!!:censored:

Really? That's my favourite thing ;)

charlie potato
02-01-2011, 12:03 AM
I hate school runs but then i hated them before i became a childminder.
I do like paperwork but i hate how disorganised i am so therefore my books are so behind its naughty. xx:panic:

Newbie1!
03-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Ooo, on the basis Im very miserable at the moment I could go on forever but will limit mine to just two!!:-

1. Parents who take advantage of the fact that Im not a very strong character and bully me in to doings extra things, things for free etc.

2. The fact that my house just looks sooo messy and we cant afford any decent storage so there are boxes, storage boxes, margarine tubs etc all over the house, I dont feel I can hide anything away as Im sure that as soon as I put it away one of them will ask for it

:( :( :( :(

patevans
03-01-2011, 02:17 PM
I hate the LJ's and Planning as well as parents who dont pay :angry: