PDA

View Full Version : OMG Were do i start

Babyboos
14-12-2010, 09:14 PM
:mad: Hey guys, advise please. I have had my mindee with me for a couple of weeks now. done a cpouple of obs with pictures but how do i put it all together in the LJ. Dont no were to start with the asesments from my obs then the planning and should i have weekly planning that relates back to obs. so confused.
ANY HELP WELCOME.

Thanks Guys ::panic:

mr man
14-12-2010, 09:23 PM
not gonna read and run becasue im too in the same position. and hope someone comes and advises us.
its a bit daunting i think, but im hoping once i get the swing of it i'll be ok. :thumbsup:

Babyboos
14-12-2010, 09:36 PM
One minute i think ive got it, then read something then back to square one.
GOOD LUCK HUN. X:)

Mrs Pootle
18-12-2010, 04:14 PM
What I have done is to write the observation in an A4 jotter type book, add a photo, or childs drawing, and then underneath I have written which of the areas of development the observation refers to.
eg, Mindee used a stamp to print smiley faces on a piece of paper, & while doing this said that they could smile and grinned at me. I wrote this down, stuck in one of the peices of paper with they had stamped the smiley face on, and then I linked it to EYFS by writting "PSE - self awareness".

All my obs are done in a similar way, and Mrs O was very pleased with them at my inspection this last week.:)
Hope I've helped.:thumbsup:

sarah707
18-12-2010, 05:59 PM
You see a child doing something new or brilliant or creative or just noteworthy.

Write it down and, if you can, get a quick photo. You do not need to write lots, just a few words to say how fab the child is.

Then go to the ages and stages information in the Eyfs guidance and decide where the observation fits in.

You will find lots of ideas in the Eyfs guidance for next steps for the child and you can also write your own... there is no way the Eyfs can contain everything a child might say or do.

The child's individual planning will follow from the observation.

Hth :D

mr man
18-12-2010, 11:06 PM
thanks, thanks great advice.
only been minding a week, and i have done one.

miindee loves tractor and animals on the back of trailer making the noises. he likes imagintive play with is fab.
he introdued a wolf, and said he's naughty - i say why is he naughty "beasue he's gonna eat the animals" - :) bless - it was great game and his whole world of imagination.

anyway i got it as kuw and that understanding the animlas around us and also knowing dangerous animals to nice animals.

next steps - (ive done it now) but we found the three little pigs book and and while out and about see how many aninmals we see and where they live.

ive wrote this down on one of the obs sheets given as an example in courses, but no picture. ive jsut thought another idea we can draw pictures of which animals live on farms and which live in the wild !!!!!!

am i on the right track?
sorry for hyjacking babyboos :D

Penny1959
19-12-2010, 07:18 AM
Sounds like you have got off to a great start - don't forget could link to other areas - maybe CLL, maybe creative, and maybe phyisical.

Don't need to include all - but does help to when starting as have a 'starting point' for where child is developmentally.

Thereafter as Sarah has said - the WOW moments and steps in development.

Also don't be tempted to 'lead' child by providing constant activities ideas - let mindee lead you - may go off in another direction!

By the way my LJ's are in a A4 ring folder in date order (being a ring folder means if not printed photo's / or wrote up a 'in the head obs - can add later while still adding other bits)

Penny :)

mr man
19-12-2010, 04:36 PM
thanks penny - the a4 ring binder sounds great, may have a fun walk to shops tomorrow for one, thats we we dont get more snow ontop of the 20 cms we got now.
hope he goes to school with appropriate footwear on.:) im sure he will.

sheriuk
15-02-2011, 03:29 AM
Does anyone know what EYE stands for? Please help

sarah707
15-02-2011, 07:32 AM
Does anyone know what EYE stands for? Please help

There is a magazine called Early Years Educator... it could be that. :D

http://www.earlyyearseducator.co.uk/

Carls
25-02-2011, 01:59 PM
EYE stands for EARLY YEARS ENTITLEMENT! Its the new name for Government funding for 3 and 4 year olds! :jump for joy: