PDA

View Full Version : Evidence for learning journals - camera shy child

Louise0208
14-12-2010, 02:00 PM
iv been thinking about my upcoming first graded inspection (im due in the new year) but worried about my mindees learning Journal.

i have been filling in her LJ from day one & just about know what im doing but have problems gaining evidence as LO runs for cover every time the camera comes out.....not that i blame her, im the same lol

i have kept all her work that mum hasnt had & took photos of completed activities that couldnt be kept in her LJ (pudsey bear cookies, face masks, making lunches etc) and have managed to take the odd sly photo while shes not looking but to be honest this could be anyone :rolleyes:

iv even gone out & bought a kidizoom digital camera to try & :rolleyes: get her used to camera & taking silly photos but its not helped.

anyone got any advice on either getting LO used to the camera (shes 3) or other ways of gaining evidence.

thanks x

green puppy
14-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Most of my photos show the child very busy in what they are doing. I always turn the camera on and then leave it for a few minutes. I take shots when they are to busy to notice. What you are doing sounds fine, I think the best evidence is spontaneous and "real" so I wouldn't expect many with the child looking at me.

manjay
14-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Most of my photos show the child very busy in what they are doing. I always turn the camera on and then leave it for a few minutes. I take shots when they are to busy to notice. What you are doing sounds fine, I think the best evidence is spontaneous and "real" so I wouldn't expect many with the child looking at me.

I agree. My camera is out and on all the time so the children are used to it and it is no big deal if I pick it up. But they are usually too busy to notice. If she absolutely doesn't like it then I would just carry on as you are doing. Sounds like you have plenty of evidence:thumbsup:

porky1979
14-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I am the same, my camera is always out, i just take them as the children are playing/doing an activity, they hardly ever pose for them. I take fatr too many pics though but i have a file on the pc and have a slideshow running so thye can see themselves on the moniter, they love it, then every term i put them all on cd's for the parents but like i say they are nearly always never looking at the camera. :)

miffy
14-12-2010, 02:23 PM
You have to be sneaky and take quick shots when they are not looking.

If mine see the camera they stop and give me huge, cheesy grins which is just as bad as diving for cover! lol

Sounds like you have plenty of evidence anyway. Just make sure you mention to Mrs O that XXX is camera shy.

Miffy xx

Blaze
14-12-2010, 04:01 PM
You have to be sneaky and take quick shots when they are not looking.

If mine see the camera they stop and give me huge, cheesy grins which is just as bad as diving for cover! lol

Sounds like you have plenty of evidence anyway. Just make sure you mention to Mrs O that XXX is camera shy.

Miffy xx

As above!:rolleyes: :)