PDA

View Full Version : Help! Charge for holiday for school age child

Cazz
13-12-2010, 10:17 PM
This is probably a stupid question but here goes!

I mind a 4 year old boy for 1 hour in the morning and 2 and a half hours in the afternoon. In the school holidays he comes to me for 10 hours (8.00am - 6.00pm).

He is going to be off for 2 weeks from Christmas Eve and I charge half fees if 4 weeks or more notice is given (which it has!).

Question is - do I charge half fees for 10 hours which is what he would have been coming for that day, rather than half fees of school hours (i.e. 3 and a half hours)

I'm thinking it's half of the 10 hours but wanted to make sure!

Hebs
13-12-2010, 10:19 PM
half of the 10 hours x

Cazz
15-12-2010, 09:50 PM
Thanks - that's what I thought but I seem to have a problem with charging when I'm not minding and feel guilty! I must get over it so that people don't walk all over me!

Goatgirl
15-12-2010, 09:59 PM
Hi :),
It's hard not to feel guilty, but remember, you are losing half your potential income from that child for 2 weeks. And they will be happy to pay it as the space is there for the holidays they do need :thumbsup:

bws,
Wendy :)

claireLouise
16-12-2010, 01:25 AM
I would charge 1/2 fees for 10 hours but you need to check what you have put in your contract with your parents.

In the past even when it is stipulated in the contract I have had parents by daft and try to get away with only the term time hours, I stuck to my guns as I am running a business.

Best Wishes

Claire

youarewhatyoueat
16-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Only charge for the days you are actually available, and it should be very clear in contracts when someone is open for business at christmas especially as each year the christmas holidays fall on different days.