PDA

View Full Version : Norovirus

clio0602
13-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Well this sickness bug is taking over and 20 of ds class at school and a third of the whole school is off with it!! Is it only here or is anywhere else suffering too?

Now....... how do I try and keep it out of my house??? Any extra measures I could take? Was thinking of those sprays you spray door handles and things with? Face masks :p decontamination chamber? lol

Really don't want this over Christmas :panic:

AliceK
13-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Tell me about it. It's all over here as well. Some lovely person gave it to us so we were all ill over the weekend. Me, DH and DD had it Fri night and DS got it Saturday. I have my suspicions as to where it came from :angry: .

I tried going overboard just beforehand with the antibac and Dettol sprays but it didn't stop it coming here. Just be overly enthusiastic with the hand washing and gel etc and if you have the slightest suspision that a mindee might have it send them home PDQ.

Good luck. It's horrible.

xxxxx

Pixie dust
14-12-2010, 09:40 AM
We had it too, local school sent 19 home in 1 day 12 from same class so they had a deep clean at the school. Three of us had it here at home:(

Apart from strict handwashing I don't think there is lot you can do.

FussyElmo
14-12-2010, 02:53 PM
Be extra vililent (sp) on your door handles and taps places where lots of people putting their hands.

Dh works in a home and when they even suspect a case the service user is quarantined into their room and the workers go in with the suits on down to the covers on the shoes.
They also have a major deep clean and luckily dh comes home and does the same here.